1st Attempt at GLS, UGH!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BusyHands

Reaction score
This is not going to well. Trying to make GLS. It's been in the crock now for 4 (It was turned off) hours. I had to leave home, I came back did the zap test...... ZAP. Lol, 1st time for that. Ph strip reads 10, clarity test couldn't see through the side, but could see through to the bottom. So I just turned the crock back on warm. Can I salvage? Or should I just chunk it, I really need to get to bed.

1454564349724-1248507712.jpg

Thanks everyone for the warm & helpful replies. The videos make it seem so easy! But I guess when you've done it a "million" times it is. Here is the finished product, I'm not going to use it. I think I got "noid" this mooring. I couldn't tell if zapped or just tingled. Either way, I'm not comfortable using it. I diluted it a little when I got home & washed my hand with it. It felt weird to my skin. So, I will make another attempt hopefully tomorrow. I got air bubbles from to much stirring, I'm assuming. This was just a basic Liquid Castile Soap.

IMG_20160204_193349855.jpg

IMG_20160204_193335276.jpg

Back