$12.33, 3gal Lowes RBO !! ON SALE

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin19687

Reaction score
Get Thee there !

I am going to get them to lower the price on the ones I already bought and then buy more.

Seriously how can you go wrong at this price ???!!!

it was normally $25, then on sale to $18.50 now 12.33 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh my what a crazy good deal,
how am i going to incorporate all this RBO in? 3 gallons a box, now we need the super duper best ever RBO recipes to go with it, massage oil, soap, cuticle oil, salad dressing, mayonnaise, i may have to actually fry a turkey hahaha

WOW! I just purchased some 2 weeks ago :( but I ordered 2 more today! Thanks! Whoo hoo!

its in the seasonal area, at least in ours- over by the grills there was an aisle with some outdoor lighting, turkey fryers, and the cooking oils were on the very bottom shelf
if your lowe's offers it- do the instore pickup!
then you only have to go to the front counter and dont have to wander the store looking for what you need :D

Near the grills & turkey fryers
its in the seasonal area, at least in ours- over by the grills there was an aisle with some outdoor lighting, turkey fryers, and the cooking oils were on the very bottom shelf
if your lowe's offers it- do the instore pickup!
then you only have to go to the front counter and dont have to wander the store looking for what you need :D
Thanks! I’ll look on the app first!

@RobynB If you bring in your receipt they will price match it !!

I did that because I did the same thing.

FYI on Turkey frying ....... BE CAREFUL !!!! Every year there were Numerous Oil burns in my ER that I worked at.....

Hmm....... Now I'm rethinking whether to buy this. That's over 10,000 grams of oil or about 60 batches (2+ years at my typical rates) of my 1 kg mold if I simply substitute RBO for the safflower. That's a LONG time to keep 22 lbs of oil around - in the freezer.

But the real killer was the cost analysis. My traditional recipe runs about $2.75/kg loaf. The replacement listed above cuts that down to about $2.25. I'm not sure saving $10 a year is worth the hassle of dealing with three gallons of product for that time.

If I do buy it, it will probably be with the intention of using most of it for deep frying. I don't fry much because it bugs me to waste the oil vs go through the hassle of filtering and saving it. But for fifty cents a pint, I could be profligate with it.

Seems to be worth it to me ;)

We don't fry much, BUT, you could always save it and put it on Craigs List for Bio fuel guys ! Then it would get 2 uses and help the environment too !

Latest posts

Back