112 bottles

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigmoose

Reaction score
I made 112 bottles of lotion today. My largest batch yet. That is as much as can fit in my SS pot. 60 of them are for my daughters wedding that I am going to this weekend. The rest are for up and coming craft shows, I am booked at alot of them for the fall. I made some custom labels for the wedding lotions that turned out really nice. Was going to post a pic but I need to retake it.

Have fun this weekend. I am!!!!!

Bruce

Wow!! That's impressive, BM!!

Can we sneak a peak (if you're able)? :wink:

How big are the bottles? The pot?

BTW, I was at Harbor Frieght the other day and saw that they sell some very large, very cheap stainless stock pots.

OK I took some more pics and they are good enough so here goes.

Here are the 60 lotions for the wedding.
new006.jpg

And here is a shot of the labels I put on them.
new007.jpg

If you can't see the labels good I have a picture of the happy couple in the upper left hand corner. Thier full names to the right of that. Then the date of the wedding followed by a good LOVE bible verse. Then the lotion type and in very small print...my contact info.

Bruce

Bruce, the lotion looks great!
Congrats on your daughters wedding, I hope you enjoy your time in DC. We are having the most beautiful weather! Hope you'll have some time for a little sight seeing.

I have to order more of your shampoo, it's all my son will use!

Thanks Deda. We leave early tomorrow morning and don't come home till late Monday night. There will be time for sight seeing.

Also I just put my Etsy shop in vacation mode. Really glad your son likes the shampoo. I sold alot of it at the last craft show I did. 8 bottles to one lady.

Bruce

Bruce they look wonderful! What a great Dad you are!
Your daughter's wedding guests will be thrilled with them!
Here's to many happy years for the new bride and groom!

donniej said:
How big are the bottles? The pot?

BTW, I was at Harbor Frieght the other day and saw that they sell some very large, very cheap stainless stock pots.

Donniej, The wedding lotions were just 2oz. size. The rest of them were a mix of 2 oz. and 8 oz. size. The batch of lotion that I made was a little over 2 1/2 gallon, my largest so far. I don't know how big my SS pot is but the Harbor Fright info is good for me, only 3 miles from home. I have one huge SS pot here at home, I think it is a 80 quart. This thing is massive. It is almost like a SS bathtub.

Bruce

That is the sweetest thing!!!!! I love the labels! My sister asked me to do something similar for her wedding in December. I'm a little apprehensive!

Very nice! I was surprised at my first craft show how fast the lotions sold! You must do really well with those! I'm going to check out your etsy when you're back... :)

CookieChan said:
Wow! Great job! Looks very professional. What kind of lotion is it and what are the scents?

They are just a regular hand and body type of lotion. I have had alot of good comments on this recipe, a good number of return customers. The scents for the wedding lotions were Cucumber & Melon, Vanilla, Citrus Swirl, Lilac, Cherry Almond, and Oatmeal Milk & Honey. I made 10 of each. Now that I look back on this I should have made more floral scented ones.

ChrissyB thank you for your nice comments and to everyone else as well. The wedding was great. EVERYTHING is expensive over there. WOW!

Bruce

Latest posts

Back