100% rice bran oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

Sunibee

Reaction score
Hi, I am trying 100% oils. Has anyone tried rice bran. ? It's soft after 48 hours. ..I have to leave it. Just checking .. thank you in Advance .

Dawni

Reaction score
If you check here, there's tests on 3 different oils at 75%, Rice Bran Oil included. And if you scroll down there's a link to a single oil test in there.

But yes, I make a high RBO soap that I don't use before it hits 4 months. It takes a while to harden and never becomes as hard as some of my more "balanced" soaps even after a year. Check here for my soap and a lot of input from others as well so maybe read the whole thing haha. I think someone in there tried rice bran at 100%

Never personally tried at 100% though.

Sunibee

Reaction score
If you check here, there's tests on 3 different oils at 75%, Rice Bran Oil included. And if you scroll down there's a link to a single oil test in there.

But yes, I make a high RBO soap that I don't use before it hits 4 months. It takes a while to harden and never becomes as hard as some of my more "balanced" soaps even after a year. Check here for my soap and a lot of input from others as well so maybe read the whole thing haha. I think someone in there tried rice bran at 100%

Never personally tried at 100% though.
Thank you for.the insight and the link to the same. It's amazing will go through it thoroughly 😊

ResolvableOwl

Notorious Lyear
Reaction score
Has anyone tried rice bran. ?

Sunibee

Reaction score
Thank you dear ResolvableOwl.. it's so interesting..I will definitely try them out too :)