Quantcast

100% fractionated CO bar & uses for frac CO

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

RogueRose

Reaction score
I haven't worked with frac CO yet but I am considering getting some. I'm looking for something that is VERY cleansing that would be good in a laundry soap and or a degreaser. I'm not going to be doing a 20% SF or anything like that either.

Has anyone ever done this or something close to this and if so, what were your results?

If you use Frac CO, what do you think of it and what do you use it most often for?

KristaMarie

Reaction score
From what I've read, though I've never tried it myself, fractionated CO shouldn't be used in CP. Regular CO will be plenty cleansing at a 0% superfat.

As for what else to do with fractionated CO, roll on perfume! I just mix it with a few drops of EO. It isn't oily feeling and won't gunk up the roller

Susie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fractionated CO is more for leave on products than soap.

topofmurrayhill

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
FCO contains only the fatty acids in coconut oil that turn into harsh, irritating and smelly soap. It is not a soaping oil because all the useful fatty acids are missing. It's only used in its unsoaped form as an emollient or carrier oil.

not_ally

Reaction score
I use it in body oil. That is one of the few things in which I will use expensive EO's, b/c I think it is worth it. Also, I like FCO for that and always have it on hand, although I would love to have lots of jojoba or something really luxurious around at all times, but as a hobbyist I usually don't.

Latest posts