100% Coconut oil soap 20%sf

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubli

Reaction score
I have only used the cheapest regular coconut oil in the 100% co soap. I have a huge 60+ ounce container of organic unrefined extra virgin co(because I actually eat it,oil pull with it and cake myself in it after every bath because I don't use lotion). I know some, if not all of you have tried using the good stuff instead(just to see for yourself if the heavenly smell remains after saponification, which I know it doesn't)in your 100%co 20%sf soap. My question is....is there any noticeable difference in lather of any other quality of the soap? Would it be worth it to use evco vrs. Co Or would I just be wasting the oil? Also is 20% the highest sf you've successfully gone? I bought a co soap that was said to be sf'd at 25% and it was kind of soft,but I think the guy sold it to me at like only a few weeks cure, it did still seem kind of soft and harsh. I was still so new to soap making that I didn't know to just let the soap cure more, instead I used it for dishes because it was drying on my skin. So I have no idea how that bar would have been at 6 months.

I used unrefined and refined CO in soap recipes and I cannot recall a difference on my skin. I'd suggest using 100% EVCO for CP bars or using enough of it to SF a HP bar. This thread made me think that the benefits of EVCO (at least some of them) will survive saponification.

I've used both and there is no difference in the finished soap. Wish the scent would survive saponification, I would make a lot more 100% CO soap if it did.

Thanks obsydian and Lunaskye. Very helpful indeed.

Latest posts

Back