100% coconut liquid soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biarine

Reaction score
My 100% coconut soap is thin and I’ve try to thicken it with salt but it didn’t work.
61E55AC6-7777-4BB3-B3CB-1DAB0FA87017.jpeg

While it's true that salt brine works quite well to thicken LS high in Olive Oil or HO oils, it doesn't work for LS that contains over 20% coconut oil. For that, there are other options. To learn more, go here:

Alaiyna B Blogspot

That site has a lot of other useful info for beginning LS'ers as well.

For what it's worth, I make 100% coconut oil LS at 0% SF, 3:1 water to KOH ratio, and dilute the paste at a ratio of 40% soap to 60% water. This results in a consistency similar to commercial washing detergent, which is fine for laundry, foamers, and the Orange Spray Cleaner I make for wiping up my greasy range top and counters.

HTH :goodbye1:

Last edited:
While it's true that salt brine works quite well to thicken LS high in Olive Oil or HO oils, it doesn't work for LS that contains over 20% coconut oil. For that, there are other options. To learn more, go here:

Alaiyna B Blogspot

That site has a lot of other useful info for beginning LS'ers as well.

For what it's worth, I make 100% coconut oil LS at 0% SF, 3:1 water to KOH ratio, and dilute the paste at a ratio of 40% soap to 60% water. This results in a consistency similar to commercial washing detergent, which is fine for laundry, foamers, and the Orange Spray Cleaner I make for wiping up my greasy range top and counters.

HTH :goodbye1:
Yes it’s very thin like water. Someone told me to use Cocamidopropyl betaine.

Watery liquid soap is just the nature of the beast. LOL Once you accept that, and if it cleans well and lathers like a mad dog, then you don't mind so much. 😁 I'm sorry, I can't help you with Cocamidopropyl betaine. I've never used it.

Watery liquid soap is just the nature of the beast. LOL Once you accept that, and if it cleans well and lathers like a mad dog, then you don't mind so much. 😁 I'm sorry, I can't help you with Cocamidopropyl betaine. I've never used it.
Yes it’s very cleaning lol. I think because I’ve been using a store bought for a long time that’s why I feel strange to have a dish soap that thin.
thank you ❤️

I Find 100% CO soap sets up super fast and hard. It produces a thin trace, but is hard in 12 hours. I'm adding pumice to make River Rock soap.

30% super fat. I have found I MUST force gel.

Attachments

• IMG_1671 (1).jpg
    IMG_1671 (1).jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back