10 lbs of yummy!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshleyR

Reaction score
Pink grapefruit (left) & mango (right) CP soap.

ORNAMENTS214.jpg

I used silk for the first time in these soaps, and they are loaded with shea butter.

They smell deeelicious! The two scents smell so nice together, I think next time I'm going to blend the FO's.

Thanks guys! They smell really tropical... almost makes me forget about the -30C weather outside! (-11 or so F!) Brr!

Such lovely creamy soap Ashley - and a blend of the two scents sounds wonderful......I will have to try that now! I have blended pink grapefruit EO with Baby Powder FO and it is gorgeous....I think I just love grapefruit! :wink: And is that subtle swirls I can see in the pink grapefruit one?

Tanya :)

Thanks everyone!

Tanya, I didn't mean for it to be swirly... it just happened! That happens to a lot of my soaps. I don't know why, but I'm not complaining! :)

Ashley they are fabulous. It is so much fun to see you evolving as a soaper, you are churning out such professional looking soaps these days.
And the french pink clay looks fab, I ordered some the other day so hopefully it will come soon, I want that soap!!

Those look great Ashley! I love the pink and am NOT a pink fan. Isn't it exciting to use the silk? I have used silk in my last few batches and can hardly wait to try them.

Thanks Chrissy! I'm trying. Don't ask me what I have spent on soapmaking supplies in the last year (hubby would kill me if he knew the "real" number!!) I really love making it, and I have a lot of spare time on my hands, so it's been keeping me busy! :)

Jody, the silk is interesting. My silk has little bits of "stuff" in it so it's kind of a pain to pick it all out, but oh well. I haven't yet tried a soap made with silk. These are my first ones... I can't wait to see what they're like!

Very smooth looking and love the colours.
My silk never dissolves fully, I always end up fishing a bit out :roll:

Where do you get your silk, Ashley? I got mine from a place here in B.C. that Lindy showed me. No "stuff" in mine.

Jody said:
Where do you get your silk, Ashley? I got mine from a place here in B.C. that Lindy showed me. No "stuff" in mine.

I ordered the stuff from ebay that someone mentioned a little while ago. It was super cheap - a stuffed baggie full for $5 including shipping. I just wanted to try it. I will probably look into getting some better stuff if I'm going to keep up with adding it. Picking out the little bits that are in mine will probably be a pain after awhile!

AshleyR said:
Pink grapefruit (left) & mango (right) CP soap.

ORNAMENTS214.jpg

I used silk for the first time in these soaps, and they are loaded with shea butter.

They smell deeelicious! The two scents smell so nice together, I think next time I'm going to blend the FO's.

ok, im jealous of the white soap, someone tell me how!

Back