“Wrecked” ring soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not too long ago, my Pinterest feed offered up some acrylic pouring videos by Life is Kumquat, who also has a channel on YouTube. Watching the videos has been inspiring, plus I find the music with the videos to be very relaxing. This soap is my second attempt at a wrecked ring-inspired pour using soap batter. The colors are layered in a cup (or, I used a funnel pitcher) and then poured in a circular pattern that is “wrecked” with a popsicle stick. I poured four small rings in my 6” square slab mold and then used a chopstick to swirl each ring before I sloshed the batter around a bit. I really love the fine details in the bar that ended up with the last dribbles of batter from the pitcher (bottom photo). The soap is scented with lavender, bergamot, patchouli and one more eo that I can’t remember right now, plus a little lavender FO as a back up.

Help with a name, please!

4DD30EBA-1A55-4877-938F-150321B7D64A.jpeg
FE82AA25-0476-4867-B938-551A103AA299.jpeg

Soooo beautiful! Until I can master a fluid batter, I will just watch the videos! Looks kind of psychedelic and wavy to me, but the beautiful color make it elegant and "proper". For some reason it reminds me of the Bob Dylan song "Blowing in the Wind".

Not too long ago, my Pinterest feed offered up some acrylic pouring videos by Life is Kumquat, who also has a channel on YouTube. Watching the videos has been inspiring, plus I find the music with the videos to be very relaxing. This soap is my second attempt at a wrecked ring-inspired pour using soap batter. The colors are layered in a cup (or, I used a funnel pitcher) and then poured in a circular pattern that is “wrecked” with a popsicle stick. I poured four small rings in my 6” square slab mold and then used a chopstick to swirl each ring before I sloshed the batter around a bit. I really love the fine details in the bar that ended up with the last dribbles of batter from the pitcher (bottom photo). The soap is scented with lavender, bergamot, patchouli and one more eo that I can’t remember right now, plus a little lavender FO as a back up.

View attachment 53981View attachment 53982
So pretty and relaxing as the music you described!

These are absolutely gorgeous! Love love the color choice! I want to try this now! This would make a great challenge design!

Beautiful! For a name, how about "painters pour" to describe the technique, with a colour or fragrance name added to differentiate the batches.

This one might be " floral painters pour soap" or " lavender painters pour soap", depending on the dominant scent...

Maybe it's just me and what I see... especially the bottom one..beautiful soap!
I'd like to be
Under the sea
In an octopus' garden
In the shade

Back