“Made from people for people”

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would I buy it? No, it is far too reminiscent of the atrocities that occurred under Hitler's regime. The very association offends my sensibilities, I have to admit. Fight Club not withstanding.

Would there be a human smell? Apparently yes, from what I have read. And for some of us with sensitive noses, lard soap smells like lard for a very long time, therefore I would expect the same, particularly if it were a high percentage of human fat in the formula.

Would I buy it? No, it is far too reminiscent of the atrocities that occurred under Hitler's regime. The very association offends my sensibilities, I have to admit. Fight Club not withstanding.

Would there be a human smell? Apparently yes, from what I have read. And for some of us with sensitive noses, lard soap smells like lard for a very long time, therefore I would expect the same, particularly if it were a high percentage of human fat in the formula.

Thank you for bringing this horrendous association to my attention Earlene.
I will ask for the post to be removed (it is no longer a simple halloween post).

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3313120,00.html

SaltedFig, you don't have to ask for the post to be removed. I am not offended by the post itself and reality is reality and sometimes hard reality is just there. Sometimes I prefer to bury my head in the sand or avoid it, but now and then I just respond. Don't take offense, please.

I am not offended in the least Earlene, more that I wished to remove the post out of respect for victims and their relatives - I do not wish to offend or hurt anyone with this post (it was meant as a Halloween thought provoker).

Every year we have "The Festival of Dangerous Ideas", which has just finished for this year.
Confrontational art and thought is part of the culture, in a way:
http://www.ethics.org.au/events/festival-of-dangerous-ideas

This year the festival focused a lot on sex and privacy, with taboos being a topic of ethical debate.

@SaltedFig there is a hug difference between what the Nazi's did and someone donating medically removed fat for a fund raiser. Making this post isn't disrespectful at all, at least not imo.

I would also be willing to try my own fat soap, I'd even be happy to donate some fat lol.

Latest posts

Back