¤ How much Titanium Dioxide? ¤

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dOttY

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Can someone please give me some kind of indication as to how much Titanium Dioxide I need to use, say in a kilogram batch of soap to get a nice white colour?

Thanks in advance!

Hi DOttY,

I use no more than 1 teaspoon of TD ppo (which I think would be equivalent to using 2 teaspoons per kilogram since a kilogram is roughly 2 lbs.). This gets my soap plenty white with no problems. Much more than that and my soap starts getting chalky.

IrishLass :)

1 KG. is about 2.2 lbs. So for that size batch, I would start with a tsp. per lb. of oils. The final color also depends on the color of your soapmaking oils. The lighter your oils or butters, the lighter the end results will be. (unless using FO with vanilla in them)

As SB has said - 1kg=2.2lbs, thats exactly the size of my mould and I use 2 teas, TD per batch. yesterday I made a batch and put a heaped teas in and that seemed enought except the oil I used made it go yellow in some parts, so you can't always rely on it.

I use a little less than 1 tsp ppo and that works great for me.

I've never really done a heavy TD swirl, but want to. How much TD is everyone using if they are making white swirls?

Latest posts

Back