My soap burns

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
268px-Logo_New_York_Islanders.svg.png

Bring it, Bussy! :p

It was just pointed out to me that "red wings" is actually a phrase with a meaning.

For the love of little green apples, don't look it up unless you want to get a little squicked out. You Have Been Warned. :Kitten Love:

I first heard that meaning (along with some others that are related) when I was in high school so that's what came to mind first! I absolutely wasn't going to mention it because of the puke factor, lol. At least you warned everyone that may get curious! (I'm still giggling at those curious types that just had to know...)

Add me to the curious that had to look it up. :D And I had to change the search because the first one only gave me sports and shoes! And eeeeeh... It's gross, but it's not hitting my squick button as much as other things can. To each their own, right?

I first heard that meaning (along with some others that are related) when I was in high school so that's what came to mind first! I absolutely wasn't going to mention it because of the puke factor, lol. At least you warned everyone that may get curious! (I'm still giggling at those curious types that just had to know...)

*raises hand* Yep I had to look it up lol. I agree with FlyBy though. There are much worse things out there lol (rusty trombone anyone?). A definite eew.. but not a squick ha.

I wouldn't suggest looking that up either lol.

You've got to have some decent coordination for a rusty trombone, it would seem. The clumsy need not apply.

Thanks for the education, you guys! I've heard worse but still, it's good to have a broad knowledge base.

I have been really enjoying the funniness of these posts by themselves, but trying so, so hard not to google, I am somewhat squickable. Thanks for adding yet another term to have to resist, you guys.

Poor OP and the guy who went political, they must think we are all insane. Which has yet to be proved untrue:)

Last edited:
haha i no point was I ever mad or arguing. Two people should allowed to disagree without spiraling into name calling and that's exactly what happened. Nobody felt uncomfortable besides the people that needed to switch the subject for whatever reason. Avoiding politics because you can't keep it together is the reason why nobody knows anything about anything.

I have been really enjoying the funniness of these posts by themselves, but trying so, so hard not to google, I am somewhat squickable.

Don't do it, not_ally. Seriously! Just don't. Stupid me, on the other hand just had to rush in where angels fear to tread, and I am now trying to get the image out of my mind. Eeeew, eeeew, eeeew! :crazy:

Hey- speaking of things that are red- anybody make homemade ice cream? I made some awesome strawberry ice cream a few weeks ago that tasted just like the strawberry shortcake ice cream bars sold by Good Humor Man. I also made some watermelon ice cream with chocolate 'seeds' (white and dark), and pistachio ice cream (among others). Summer will be upon us all soon, you know, and it never hurts to have your recipes perfected ahead of time!

IrishLass :)

Don't do it, not_ally. Seriously! Just don't. Stupid me, on the other hand just had to rush in where angels fear to tread, and I am now trying to get the image out of my mind. Eeeew, eeeew, eeeew! :crazy:

Hey- speaking of things that are red- anybody make homemade ice cream? I made some awesome strawberry ice cream a few weeks ago that tasted just like the strawberry shortcake ice cream bars sold by Good Humor Man. I also made some watermelon ice cream with chocolate 'seeds' (white and dark), and pistachio ice cream (among others). Summer will be upon us all soon, you know, and it never hurts to have your recipes perfected ahead of time!

Ooh those sound yummy! My grandmother used to make homemade ice cream all the time during the summer. Store bought just doesn't compare lol.

Actually, I think many felt uncomfortable, because all though we are probably a group that varies widely on a number of topics, including politics, I believe most of us come here to just enjoy the soapy fellowship and *not* have politics, or other personal things, disrupt that.

I belong to other soapy related boards where that is not the case - and sometimes that can be good too - but this is not one of them, and it is one of the reasons that I like to come here, that very quality.

I hope you will note that I am not making a comment of any kind *about* politics, just about the nature and rules of the board.

"Nobody felt uncomfortable besides the people that needed to switch the subject for whatever reason. Avoiding politics because you can't keep it together is the reason why nobody knows anything about anything"

Actually, I think many felt uncomfortable, because all though we are probably a group that varies widely on a number of topics, including politics, I believe most of us come here to just enjoy the soapy fellowship and *not* have politics, or other personal things, disrupt that.

Exactly. If I want politics, there are sites for that. Which I read. They are not named "Soap Making Forum." :)

"Nobody felt uncomfortable besides the people that needed to switch the subject for whatever reason. Avoiding politics because you can't keep it together is the reason why nobody knows anything about anything"

Not your quote, not_ally, I know. And the only comment I have is, no--I, anyway, changed the subject because it's inappropriate on this forum. Plus one is unlikely to Make Friends and Influence People by insulting them, so that's generally an unwise thing to do.

With all due respect, not_ally, if people with known allergies buys a bar of soap without a list of ingredients, it is not the seller's fault. It is the buyer's fault. They should know better, and be pro-active enough to take care of themselves.
Well said Susie.

I am allergic to acetylsalicylic acid, and I would not dream about taking any medication without checking the list of ingredients. Same with any cosmetics , actually I buy only foundation lately :mrgreen:
People with allergies must check what they are buying, they are responsible for themselves not the seller. I do not believe honest soap maker force their soap on people :think:

I went through a time when I was making ice cream. It was so fun and so delish! I made Strawberry (yours sounds even yummier), Chocolate, Orange and several others. Then the novelty wore off and I haven't made it in years. I do love ice cream though.

I've made ice cream as well .. LOVE it. My fave is plain old vanilla with a little bit of Amaretto on it.

I went through a time when I was making ice cream. It was so fun and so delish! I made Strawberry (yours sounds even yummier), Chocolate, Orange and several others. Then the novelty wore off and I haven't made it in years. I do love ice cream though.

I go through the same on and off ice cream-making obsession, too, only instead of years in between, it's more like a few months. :p Orange is on my hit-list to try my hand at next (never made it before in spite of having our 2 orange trees, oddly enough).

LBussy said:
I've made ice cream as well .. LOVE it. My fave is plain old vanilla with a little bit of Amaretto on it.

Plain old vanilla is my hubby's favorite, too. I call him my 'plain vanilla guy'. lol Only, he pours Hershey's over his....sometimes. My son and I are more adventurous. One of his favorites is Mexican chocolate and one of mine is avocado ice cream.

I should post the strawberry shortcake ice cream recipe over in the recipe section. It was a huge hit at the most recent family BBQ at my sis's house....well, that and the watermelon ice cream (have dry ice, will travel!).

I make it sound like we eat tons of ice cream, but I've recently grown fond of making up about a quart-sized batch of sweet cream base, dividing it into 1 cup portions which I flavor individually, and which then get dispensed into small, 4oz-sized freezer containers. That way, we're not over-gorging ourselves and we each get to pick our favorites.

Latest posts

Back