Wow, tried this Euro salt recipe, love it!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just made a batch and wanted them to be sea water colours but they turned out more like swamp water .. which might be more like the actual sea near me, LOL!!

Pics to follow

ETA: well, I don't know why but even after sitting overnight mine are SOFT!!!!!! Is this salt brine limited to 100% CO? I used my regular recipe so I wonder if that's why mine are not as hard as everyone says they should be.

Last edited:
I had double the coconut so that probably made the difference in hardness. I'm glad yours seem to have turned out ok in the end. Can we see some pics please mzmolly?

They started out looking quite nice, I liked the swirls .. but the swirls morphed into scribbles. Odd and not very attractive.

IMG_3932.jpg

IMG_3942.jpg

Heck, I want to know how you did it. :lol:

umm .. blob/poured too thick soap into mold and stirred with chop stick, LOL! At first it was nice pale green and grey swirls (which were actually supposed to be green and blue) .. now it's just green with green scribbles but I don't know why or how it morphed.

Fwiw .. it was green chrome oxide and blue mica.

I used chromium oxide and it faded a bit, as did my chestnut mica, but they still stayed basically the same colour, how odd! I like how your soaps turned out though, the little swirl is great.

WOW, I'm totally dying to make that soap, as that might be the only white soap I will ever would be able to produce! hahahaha So if I understood that right, you perform as usual, so the super fat stays the same - or should I make it much higher than usual (??), and so on, you just add salt to lye water? And is not drying? That's very interesting! What about the coconut oil? I use Babbasu, but I guess it doesn't matter...

I only did 5% superfat like the original recipe, wondering whether I will regret this when I use the soap though. I will update in a few weeks when it's ready to use.

umm .. blob/poured too thick soap into mold and stirred with chop stick, LOL! At first it was nice pale green and grey swirls (which were actually supposed to be green and blue) .. now it's just green with green scribbles but I don't know why or how it morphed.

Fwiw .. it was green chrome oxide and blue mica.

I bet the color change is from ash, try washing one of your bars and see if it comes off. My salt bars always get a ton of ash on all sides.

I bet the color change is from ash, try washing one of your bars and see if it comes off. My salt bars always get a ton of ash on all sides.

You were right ..

After washing my scribbles are gone :-(

First two photos are the top and 3rd photos is bottom, where the scribble was.

photo 1(2).JPG

photo 2(2).JPG

photo 3(1).JPG

umm .. blob/poured too thick soap into mold and stirred with chop stick, LOL!

Thanks! Although, I suppose it would work better if you have a column mold. I still think it looks wonderful. It reminds me of how fern fronds curl when they're just starting to grow.

eta: I posted and then saw your pictures. Those are pretty, too.

Thanks! Although, I suppose it would work better if you have a column mold..

Thanks .. I actually get some really nice swirls in the cavities when the mix is thinner than this. This was a bit of a mess because it thickened so quick. I'll try again but it will take some practice to get used to how fast the salt makes the batter thicken.

Here's some examples of the swirls when I pour thin

IMG_3878 (Copy).jpg

IMG_3877 (Copy).jpg

Looks like you had ash after all lol. Glad you figured it out and your pretty colors are back:)

Wow, pretty soap saved, I'm so glad :)

Yesterday I've made my own soleseife, and it look pretty, I cut in a right time - maybe even to early as it was very warm still ;) But I'm very disappointed on color :\ I really thought it will be whiter, and is yellowish - very nice pastel color, but not white. Do you think it will fade a bit or it will stay yellow?

Anyway, the method is super easy, one I got how to do it! For those who willing to try, I would recommend to SB only enough to emulsify, it will trace anyway fast ;) I made one of my basic recipes, and cannot tell until now on lather and qualities but will update after curing ;)

any updates on the soaps? really curious about lather and all that. too soon huh?

I couldn't resist and tried mine but it was a bit slimy and not much lather so deffo needs a couple more weeks for a proper verdict.

Latest posts

Back