Rivers Run Through It

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpstephy85

Reaction score
Of course it would happen after I read a thread posted by Hermanam and thought to myself "hmmm, I always use water soluble TD and have never had glycerin rivers..."

The batch was originally an attempt at the Tiger Swirls I said I would a attempt from a challenge. I used a Bastille recipe and apparently had not mixed long enough because my white was starting to separate in the mold while I was still pouring the stripes. So I had to dump what was in the mold back into my mixing bowl which was a combo of an off white which was my base, and bronze and a red mica for my stripes. Stick blended that all together and then ITP the rest of the bronze and red.

All that and I wound up with the crackle like the dickens. I'll embrace it but poo! ImageUploadedBySoap Making1393790969.315471.jpg

Oh no, I think I jinxed you! Well, you know what's coming next...embrace the crackle, apparently some people really like it! :)

I hope it was just a one-time fluke for you, but I am also secretly hoping its a sign that the crackle gremlins have left my house! Lol

Lol, I'll embrace it no doubt. Soap gremlins always seem to be hanging around somewhere here...

Yikes, IpStephy! I'm just getting ready to make the tiger to fulfill my part of the challenge and I've picked my colours and lined my mould .... and by golly, I hope the gremlins don't notice I'm on this thread making this comment.

yay you did it! sorry about td being naughty :( makes me wanna try n find oil soluble td..

Latest posts

Back