CP Room Temp

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt I will ever go back to soaping hot/warm again, and weighing out individual batches (with the exception of specialty soaps that I don't make often enough to masterbatch)
It's just so much easier and so less time consuming. I love it...

I find it to be much easier, too! I can get all my ducks in a row one day, then the next- or a week later- take off with it again. I measure, melt and mix my oils then cover and they sit til I am ready. I can also premix my lye unless I am using some sort of milk for my liquid. Easy-Peasy!!

Hi, please could you explain this technique. It's sounds very interesting as I hate all the individual bits of weighing etc.

Hi, please could you explain this technique. It's sounds very interesting as I hate all the individual bits of weighing etc.

You still have to weigh everything out. You are just soaping at room temp which is easier and tends to slow everything down, such as trace, so you have more time to do fancy swirls and such...

I agree with it being less stressful. I'm also like Ruthie, and like measuring out oils one day for several batches. Then finishing off making the soap when I have time. I also like microwaving vs melting on the stove.

I haven't tried masterbatching my lye mixture yet, but I'm __this close to giving it a go. I've saved some heavy duty plastic bottles.

I'm really jealous of all you guys that have a workshop, or room to master batch oils and lye! I soap in my tiny little kitchen (3 ft of counter and the top of my freezer!) My husband would absolutely pitch a fit if I tried that LOL! So glad you found something that works well for you Jenny!

I don't make large or multiple batches but I love this process. Less stressful. Measure everything, mix lye/water and then soap when I have more time.

I'm really jealous of all you guys that have a workshop, or room to master batch oils and lye! I soap in my tiny little kitchen (3 ft of counter and the top of my freezer!) My husband would absolutely pitch a fit if I tried that LOL! So glad you found something that works well for you Jenny!

Three feet of counter? I am jealous! I soap on top of the stove that is half covered with pots and pans cause there isn't room for them anywhere else! I actually did clean off a little counter area, so i have some room to pour, but it it still *really* tight.

if you have room for a 5gallon bucket anywhere - you have room to masterbatch. :) That's what I use and it doesn't take up much space at all. Especially since when it's not in use I just put it under the sink. :)

Badger, I couldn't live like that! jcandleattic, I don't have the room for a 5 gallon bucket! I have no under counter space (filled with pots and pans that are already stacked!) and what floor space I did have I filled with shelves (that are now full too!) What I really need to do is find a house with a room that I can lock myself in and soap!

Back