Egg white soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkadink

Reaction score
Just found a local supplier for albumen powder. Will be grabbing some next week to try to make that fancy egg white soap. Just curious if anyone else has tried making egg white soap?

Haven't used egg yet but gonna try soon. My next experiment is going to be making a shampoo bar with egg in it.

When I was a little girl they used to sell shampoo with egg in it and it made my hair shine, my mom always used it but you can't really find it today.

I'd prefer to work with the white than the yolk. With my luck the yolk would clump up and make a mess.

If you want to just use the white then you are going to whip it just like you would if you were baking. Then whip it into your lye water (with your lye already in there). I like using the whole egg too.

I was thinking about putting egg in the shampoo soap. I will be trying my batch tomorrow. If I find my hair doesn't hate CP soap my next batch is when I want to try egg in it. Eggs are supposed to help hair.

I thought you whipped the egg and then tempered it with some of the soap batter before you mixed it into all the soap batter?

That would be for the yolk or whole egg. But if you are looking to use just the white the lye water works the best and easiest....

This is the best way I have found to add whole eggs:
Mix egg yolks and a little oil reserved from recipe together
Carefully pour approximately 4 ounces of traced soap into egg and oil mix, stirring carefully
Add the egg and soap mixture slowly into the rest of the traced soap

Latest posts

Back