CP Soap Sugar Scrub Cubes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scentapy

Reaction score
Please don't shoot me if there is a thread already discussing this (and I am sure there has been). I try to search and I am not always effective in finding my answers.

Does anyone make those single serving sugar scrub cubes from cured CP soap? If so.... any advice on how to do that??

I don't do it from cured soap, because I hate shredding and most of my cured soap is already scented. I use my soap that's about 24 hours old, so it's still soft and I can divvy it up into different scented batches of scrubs. Usually the lye is still active in the soap at this point, so I do use gloves.
I do 1/3 soap, 1/3 oil, 1/3 sugar. Sometimes if the soap isn't quite soft enough to mix as is, I heat it with the oils just a little bit until it's soft enough to use.

I don't do cubes either, I do mini ice cream scoops, but that's just because I'm weird.

Those are adorable. May have to try this! Does it have to be soap made with certain oils or anything, or can it be any?

Those are adorable. May have to try this! Does it have to be soap made with certain oils or anything, or can it be any?

Thanks :) I just use my regular soap recipe. What I usually do is when I have to make a batch of soap, I make a little extra and I set aside some of the uncolored,unfragranced batter, then the next day I make sugar scrubs with it.

i use small individual molds, the cheap 99 cent ones work fine, or silicone. i let them harden overnight then pop briefly in freezer, unmold, roll in sugar, and package.

my favorite recipe is our mayren's: 1 part butter (i usually use shea), 2 parts shredded cp (very fresh works best), at least two parts sugar. melt butter and soap, stir in sugar, knead with hands until right consistency, roll in sugar, press into molds.

works great except for salt soap, which is tricky...

Last edited:
GREAT!! Thanks everyone!

BTW Genny.. I meant to tell you last night (but was so tired I forgot) that your sugar cubes are beautiful!! I love the ice cream scoop shape :)

I'm definitely going to try the 3 equal parts method. I tried Mayren's 1-2-3 method, but I think I should have started with 2 parts sugar and adjusted up as needed because I couldn't get mine to stick together very well. However, the pieces I did manage to make lumps out of are awesome in the shower. I used 100% coconut oil soap that I superfatted (can't remember how much but I think maybe 15%). I love how easily the coconut soap shreds and I am amazed at the lather of the sugar scrubs.

I assume that Genny is using a scoop that looks just like the old fashioned ice cream scoop with the lever to scrape the contents out of the scoop. I love them for making cookies, they all end up the same size that way.

Hi Genny, Do you have to let your sugar cubes cure since you are using fresh soap? Also, can these be made with olive oil? Do these make the tub slick?

I love this idea! I have a jar of scrub my friend made from Dawn and sugar. It has really gotten dried out however.

Hi Genny, Do you have to let your sugar cubes cure since you are using fresh soap? Also, can these be made with olive oil? Do these make the tub slick?

I love this idea! I have a jar of scrub my friend made from Dawn and sugar. It has really gotten dried out however.

Yep, I do let them cure. You can use whichever oils or soap recipe you'd like. Although olive oil will be a little greasier feeling & 100% coconut soap would be pretty hard LOL

Yes, these can make tubs & shower flowers slick.

Thanks :) I just use my regular soap recipe. What I usually do is when I have to make a batch of soap, I make a little extra and I set aside some of the uncolored,unfragranced batter, then the next day I make sugar scrubs with it.

What a great idea! I never thought of setting some soap aside for sugar soaps. I've always just poured the overflow into little molds. I'll have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing the tip! :grin:

I'm thinking about buying a silicone mold for the real sugar-cube size, 1/2" x 1/2" x 1/2" and making single use ones to package in jars. Thinking it may be tough to unmold such little ones without damage though. Currently I individually wrap like salt water taffees in wax paper, label each one, and package several different varieties per box - a lot of work.

I too use really fresh soap - preferably from the day before, and let the scrubbies cure along with the cut soap. I just use the ugliest bar I've cut and smoosh it for my base. (And I'm a terrible cutter so I usually have at least a couple badly-cut bars to use ;) I'm like Genny and hate grating cured bars - they never incorporate as well as really fresh soap, though I'm trying to plow through some cured ones that I can't repurpose as felties...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back