Southern Soapers Scents - review

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agriffin

Reaction score
I soaped blueberry festival and yellow rose of texas this weekend. Both smell amazing.

The blueberry festival smells like fresh blueberries - not pie. Fruity, crisp and refreshing. It soaped just fine, no A or D.

Thanks to the people who recommended Yellow rose of texas - I really like it. I am not a fan of rose scents but this one is nice. Not perfumy or "old lady smelling". No A or D which amazed me because I usually get acceleration with any other rose I've tried before.

I still have some more to soap so I'll let you know.

What are your favs from Souther Soapers?

Besides their Yellow Rose of Texas, I really love these:

Jasmine Grapefruit (My current favorite to roll around in.)

Tassi Lavender (My favorite lavender scent because it's not medicinal smelling at all. It's a delightfully soapy kind of lavender)

Bossa Nova (This smells so good, but is so hard to describe- it's like a sweet, lemony, berry musk. It's very unique.)

Chocolate Serendipity (The most realistic smelling chocolate FO I've ever smelled.)

Creamy Orange Sherbet (Smells just like a Dreamsicle)

Fresh Picked Strawberries (The first strawberry scent I've CP'd that didn't end up smell like feet or turn dark tan.)

Macapuno Sorbet (A creamy, fruity dessert kind of scent. In my CP it smells like Captain Crunch with lots of Crunchberries to me (my favorite childhood cereal) , but in my lotion it smells more like a yummy creamy/fruity dessert.

Maraschino Cherries (smells exactly like an open jar of maraschino cherries.)

There are so many more I'd love to try from them- they all look so tempting- but I just bought a bunch of other supplies and so I'll just have to wait a little bit more.

IrishLass :)

Haha...that's good to know the Strawberry doesn't smell like feet! LOL...

I did get the Tassi Lav - I think I saw that you or someone had used that and really liked it- so I'll probably soap that this weekend. I'll have to try Jasmine Grapefruit...that sounds good!

I know it has been MANY years but does anyone know where to find replacements for Southern Soapers scents that went away? I finally found a close one for Amber Glow (SAVOnScents - Amber) but not one to replace Big Sur that wonderful Redwood scent.

Latest posts

Back