Scent Shopping Spree!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysticmoon

Reaction score
I am going on a FO and EO shopping spree! I am pretty new to soapmaking (only 8 months in) and have only used EO's thus far. I am going crazy shopping for some new scents and am excited to try them. I am placing several orders and this is what I have so far after months (seriously!) of research:

Nature's Garden
-Absinthe FO
-Dragons Blood FO

WSP
-Caribbean Coconut FO
-Frankincense & Myrrh EO Blend
And some Aveda dups, but haven't decided yet

Brambleberry
-Vanilla Select
-Energy FO
-Cedar & Saffron FO
-OMH FO
-Karma EO Blend
And some Beer scents but haven't decided yet

Peak Sampler of
-Asian Sandalwood
-Bird of Paradise
-Beach Daisies
-Stargazer Lily
-Storm Watch
-Passionfruit and Guava
-Twilight Woods
-Clean Cotton
-Cool Citrus and Basil
-Amish Harvest OR Lemon Pound Cake (haven't decided yet)

So.... that's what I have so far. Any other MUST HAVES for those places that I may want? I think I have a good variety but am not sure...
Thanks! :D

Wow, that's quite a list. You should have a lot of options. :D

I have only used a few FOs because I prefer EOs as well. I will still get the odd FO. Will likely stick to fruit because scent preference is subjective and I don't want to make something that my friends/family don't like. That said, I absolutely LOVE the Citrus Linen I got. :wink:

I've never got Bird of Paradise, I just can't imagine the smell as Strelitzias don't have a smell. :?

A lady at New Directions here in Australia told me that their FO's are not suitable for soap as they split the batch. Is that correct ?

Relle9 said:
A lady at New Directions here in Australia told me that their FO's are not suitable for soap as they split the batch. Is that correct ?

We operate separately so I don't know what they carry down under - the ones we carry here for North America are suitable for soaps, cosmetics and candles.

BB : Cedar & Saffron Really nice, STRONG
Peak : Twighlight Woods One of my absolute favs! Its a keeper
Clean cotton : Really Strong scent go easy , smells like Bounce, does mellow after 3-4 months , I won't ever order that one again
Cool Citrus Basil : really nice, makes a great kitchen hand soap.
Have fun!

my2scents said:
Clean cotton : Really Strong scent go easy , smells like Bounce, does mellow after 3-4 months , I won't ever order that one again

I make these really cute lamb soaps for baby shower favors and the scent has always been Clean Cotton. If I NEVER smell that scent again I will be happy. Gotta find a new scent for the little lambs.

:lol:

Scentapy said:
my2scents said:

I make these really cute lamb soaps for baby shower favors and the scent has always been Clean Cotton. If I NEVER smell that scent again I will be happy. Gotta find a new scent for the little lambs.

:lol:
littlelambseativy!
Bet there's an ivy FO out there! ; )

I don't know if you really want anyone to suggest you add to your list, but BB's Ancient Sedona is wonderful!! I got one ounce to try and made four big bars of soap but everyone who smells it wants one. I'm being a little miserly with it until my next order comes in. Good unisex scent- one of my all-time favorites and their quality is so consistently high.

Latest posts

Back