Price/quality ratio: Best bang for your buck fragrance oils

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way you would make money on fragrance oils to sell to stores would not be to buy one and dilute it. You would either buy in huge bulk then break them down into smaller quantities and charge more per ounce or you go all in and buy a distiller to create EO's, you would probably need at least 20 acres of land to boot to grown the flower or plant.

If you really want to make money from FO or EO you need to buy in pounds not ounces. So for example lets say you buy a drum of fragrance A (25lbs) for about $540.00. 25lbs is equal to 400 ounces. You break these up into 1 oz bottles and 5oz bottles. Your cost is 1.35 per ounce. You could easily make a profit then selling to stores. Stores around me sell an ounce for around 7-8 dollars!! Hence the reason I shop online!

I don't want to squash your dreams, but I do want you to look at this realistically. How much space do you have for all the drums and bottles you would need? You are talking about opening a distribution business - there is a reason they are usually run from warehouses.

I bought ounces as samples because I am trying to pick scents.

I plan to buy in bulk, and distribute in smaller quantities. That's the whole point, right?

Do you know where I should be looking as far a suppliers go?

I bought ounces as samples because I am trying to pick scents.

I plan to buy in bulk, and distribute in smaller quantities. That's the whole point, right?

Do you know where I should be looking as far a suppliers go?

Depends on how much you want to buy. Wholesale supplies plus sells up to 25 lbs. Paradise fragrances will sell up to 400 lbs - but you must have a business account with a resale number.

400 lb drums would have to go freight and would not be delivered to a residence. And maybe I am wrong about the freight according to their website. What a weird site Paradise Fragrance has!

Last edited:
the are not diluted i purchase maple wood one and I must say it is so strong. I use a dropper x 2 and my 3lb soap smell awesome. one thing. People Like High End Scent. Like that amount in Chanel's body lotions. 15ml dilute with 15ml polysorbate it was still strong.

Latest posts

Back