My samples from NG

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dagmar88

Reaction score
This was my first NG order; and I have to say I'm pretty pleased overall!

I'm just hoping some of these scents will become more complex when used.

-Green Irish Tweed- Fresh and manly, you can really smell the citrus. A bit light.

-Ocean Mist- Can't smell the ocean out of the bottle; smells more floral to me and isn't very potent.

-Butterfly Meadows- My first thought... All-purpose cleaner :shock: ! But after a while it really develops in the smell of grass and flowers. A real nice and green floral!

-Cracklin' Birch- Really complex and manly, both DH and I love this one. Strong, but not overwhelming. Suitable for all ages- from teen to grandpa :wink:

-Watercress & Aloe- Fresh, but gives me a headache. I'm curious how it will develop in soap...

-Blue Agave- An upscale scent, very light and delicate.

-Lilac- This one is simply amazing; it's dead on! I don't think you'll find a more true lilac anywhere. One of my favorites :)

-Kulu Bay- Exotic, fruity and delicate. Again, a bit too light, but a real nice scent.

-Bay Rum- Very nice, you can clearly smell the pine, orange and spice. Nice and strong. A classic.

-Black linen & Amber- I'm so impressed by this one. Very layered and complex; hard to explane. It somehow smells familiar to me, but I can't quite place it... :lol: The first thing DH did

-Twigs and berries- Not at all what I was expecting. I thought it would have been a more autumny scent; but I don't smell anything woodsy at all... :? A bit dissapointing.

-Hippy Christmas- This scent would be perfect for Christmas gifts! The patchouli and sandelwood aren't overpowering; kind of toned down by the sweetness of the fruits. The peppermint does come trough strongly, but it gives this scent a really nice balance. I think even people who don't like patchouli could appreciate this one.

-Capri olivo- Subtle and citrus fresh. I like it and it would certainly fit in a more upscale line.

-Australian Bamboo- I thing this one is more manly than unisex. Very clean, but less green than I was expecting. Must be the musk. A nice scent though.

-Sweet grass- Exactly like the discription, sweet grass and wisteria. I can't understand why this scent hasn't got more revieuws; it is so well balanced and natural!

-Alyssum- Very romantic. Would be amazing in body lotion; I'd like to smell like this all day 8)

-Pikaki- Jasmine with a hint of powder. A unique floral, but a bit too light.

-Cannabis Rose. I'm dissapointed with this one; I can't smell most of the fragrance notes; just a light rose. I'm hoping it will be better when soaped... :(

-Vaniglia del Madagascar- Yummm! Vanilla, with a hint of florals and the amber is quite present. I love amber, so this scent suits me.

-Cucumber, Wasabi & Cilantro. This one deserves to be a best seller. Truly different; clean, sweet and you can still smell the cucumber real well. One of my favorites.

-Coco Mango- This smell has got so many things going on... It's hard to distinguish all the scents from the discription. Smells more like a big bowl full of vanilla and different kinds of fruit icecream from an artisan icemaker. Can't decide wether I hate or love it so far :roll:

-Sweet orange Chili Pepper. This is so much more than just orange. An explosion of citrus fruits with a hint of chili. Can't smell the musk though; but it is perfect as it is.

-Monkey farts. I assumed it would smell more like banana. The bubble gum comes trough very strongly, followed by the fruits. Smells somewhat artificial, but still nice. I think most kids would like this one :)

-Creamy coconut. Smells like Palmer's products. Both DH & me are very fond of coconut and this is the type of smell commonly used in B&B products. Not very true though.

-Sun Ripened Raspberry- Smells too much like candy; nut like true rasberry. Won't be buying this one again.

-Loving Spell (Love Spell Type)- delicious; very fruity and complex.

-Melon Mist- Tasteful blend of different lemons; at first watermelon is most dominant, but after that the other two types come through nicely too. Thumbs up for this one :D

-Bubble Gum- True pink bubblegum; our friends 4 year old girl will love this!

-Butt Naked- Fruity, but I can't smell all the fruits from the discription...

-Grapefruit, ruby red- True grapefruit, smell exactly like my grapefruit EO. But more friendly on my bank account :lol:

-Oatmeal, Milk & Honey- Real close to my own OMH I mixed with honey, almond and vanilla.

-Pumpkin Apple Butter- :D Can't wait to soap this one. I saved some pumpkin squash from Christmas when I made pumpkin cheesecake :p The spices are amazing and you can really smell the pumpkin and apple. The perfect autumn scent.

-Baby Powder- At first a very strong floral, then it mellows down to a sweet, clean and powdery scent.

-Pink Sugar- Nice and strong; can't smell the caramel, but it's very sweet with a hint of lemon.

-Baby Bee Buttermilk- Hard too discribe. Next to the fruits I can clearly smell the coconut, with a bit of vanilla and almond too. Strong, but not overpowering.

-Sea Salt Caramel- My personal favorite! I can't stop sniffing the bottle, it smells so edible :p

:D :wink: Bless my sweet husband for such a wonderful birthday gift!

Thank you for that, helps a newbie like me to have such great descriptions of the scents before we go and buy something we dont like lol

Wow...thanks for all the reviews. It's very helpful! Please let us know how they work out for your soaps :D

IanT said:
To me monkey farts smells like puke lol.. I cant staaand that one
I have Monkey Farts from WSP and love it as do others! it smells like tropical fruit with a hint of sweet florals..I call mine Tropical Paradise!

I have Monkey Farts from Brighter Scents. yuk think banana laffy taffy!

Dag, those sound wonderful, I can't wait to hear how you like the Baby Bee.
The watercress and aloe is wonderful in soap, it's my son's favorite.

i like birch also, and orange chili pepper, one of my best sellers.
try mandarin coconut, its awesome.

heres my 2 cents
angel- love love it, made 2 batches, scent holds well, slight dis

cool water- used in hp, scent not strong, faded fast, no dis or acc

fantasy- nice scent, hard to explain, musk, berrys, vanilla?

hugo boss, scent faded.

mango peach salsa- def mango scent, kinda perfumy

cream and sugar- didnt soap, dont like in bottle

bamboo hemp- didnt soap, dont like in bottle, smells grassy

mandarin coconut- love love, slight dis, no acc. used at 1 ozpp

honey- nice, added to coconut

marmalade spice- smells awesome, havent soaped yet

cannabis rose- i dont like rose, but this is ok, no acc or dis

tamarind nectar- smells awesome

rice petals and shea- very light fo, smells just like bath &body

black licorice- yuck

cotton candy- too sweet, my daughter got the whole batch!

green apple candy- not good, too sweet

satin sheets- nice, discolors.

im very happy with ng, peak IS my fav, but they dont have as many fos, i would def shop at ng again.

Latest posts

Back