Manufacturing and selling in Florida

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So the Florida law has been a thorn in my side. We have only been allowed to make and sell (or even give away) soap. No bath and body products what so ever. @AliOop suggested to me that maybe I write to my governor about getting the law changed.

I began the process of taking her advice, but decided that I should be really really knowledgable about it before I went ahead and typed an email.

I might be the only one who knows this. I never thought of looking up whether or not the law had changed.

Well it did, two years ago in 2021, the law now states that you can manufacture soaps, lotions, moisturizers and creams, with a few rules....

So check it out. I know this has opened a world of opportunity for me

https://www.mariegale.com/florida-2021-changes-to-cosmetic-manufacturers-law/

Glad its gotten better for you in Florida. I personally would be happy to make and sell soap but because of Alabama's pet rules I can't because I have an open floor plan and can't keep my dogs out of my kitchen. I can block my kitchen off from them while I am making soap but I can't keep them permanently out.

Hi everyone I am new and just signed up. I live in Florida, and I am getting into the soapmaking business. I am confused I understand if your annual gross of 25,000 is no permit required. Do I need a license to sell soap, lotion, lotions, moisturizers, and creams? Where do I find the FDA requirement for soap, lotion, lotions, moisturizers, and creams in the state of Florida?

Latest posts

Back