Hi there

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiffmfacc

Reaction score
Well hi there! I have recently (a few months, now) started soaping. I did melt and pour off and on for a few years but got bored with it. I have now made my own salt scrubs, laundry detergent, CP soap (about 12 different batches) and have hand milled many batches. I think I am truly addicted! haha...but seriously. Yeah. It's addictive. I'm 31, live in OH (moved here from MI about 2yrs ago) and have two dogs and two cats. One of each is a foster. I love reading, playing pool/darts, rock/metal music and of course, soap :)

I have really nailed the process of it but I still struggle with coloring. I always get to the coloring part and then find myself frantic because what I had planned isn't working out. Hopefully that will improve once I order some better colors online...the ones around here aren't too great. My main passion surrounds making different honey soaps. I LOVE the bubble wrap method. I also put in bees wax beads (I can get them in bulk at a store near me for soooo cheap) and I use my mortar/pestle and crush up bee pollen. I love the end product!! I have been looking high and low for a good honey smelling scent but I can't seem to find anything other than one place, online. We shall see.

I am really interested in making a Kiwi Soap like I saw at a health food store recently. I am undecided on whether to put in the kiwi puree at trace or if I should use it in place (or along with) the water/lye mixture. I've read varying things. I want to retain the healthy green color but I hear that fruits, etc, can go brown? I bought some Wheat Germ Oil to assist with slowing down spoilage.

Well, that's about it for now...I wish all of you happy soaping and I'm sure I will be on here with many questions...and hopefully, giving the occasional bit of advice!

I would add the pureed Kiwi at trace. Unfortunately the lovely color will almost certainly fade with time. I have made soap with cucumber and soap with mango nectar. The lovely colores faded over time. I suggest experimenting by adding a little liquid green oxide, green clay or citrus green high pH LabColor from Brambleberry.

Welcome, fellow Buckeye! I'm from Ohio, and so is Hazel!

I love the way your ideas sounds, you should definitely check out the photo gallery and post some of your own photos.

Latest posts

Back