Hello from WA

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pam East

Reaction score
Just found this forum. I made soap 4 or 5 years ago. Just getting back to it. I hope I remember how!

Also accidently bought mustard oil instead of rice bran oil and its not returnable. sigh. I don't think it's going to be a good substitution from what I've read.

Hello, welcome. I like "spicy brown" on my pastrami sandwiches. But not sure it would be good for soap. Maybe cook with it?? At least use it in some way. Good luck. Welcome. oh, I said that all ready.

Welcome.gif

accidently bought mustard oil instead of rice bran oil and its not returnable. sigh. I don't think it's going to be a good substitution from what I've read.
TIP: Here's a little trick I use to compare one oil to another.
Go to SoapCalc.
Enter 100% Mustard Oil and click "Calculate".
Look at the Menu on the left for Qualities and Fatty Acids of Mustard Oil. They show up in the Right Column marked "All".
Then go down the list of oils. Tick one at a time to compare Fatty Acid profiles of each oil to find one similar to Mustard oil. They show up in the Left Column.
Here's an example comparing 100% Canola Oil vs. RBO:

1695398961019.png

HTH :computerbath:

Hello, welcome. I like "spicy brown" on my pastrami sandwiches. But not sure it would be good for soap. Maybe cook with it?? At least use it in some way. Good luck. Welcome. oh, I said that all ready.
I actually looked into it but using mustard oil as a cooking oil is banned in the US. Evidently there is a problem with the fumes when it reachs smoke point.

View attachment 74579

TIP: Here's a little trick I use to compare one oil to another.
Go to SoapCalc.
Enter 100% Mustard Oil and click "Calculate".
Look at the Menu on the left for Qualities and Fatty Acids of Mustard Oil. They show up in the Right Column marked "All".
Then go down the list of oils. Tick one at a time to compare Fatty Acid profiles of each oil to find one similar to Mustard oil. They show up in the Left Column.
Here's an example comparing 100% Canola Oil vs. RBO:

View attachment 74578

HTH :computerbath:
This is awesome!! thank you!

Latest posts

Back