Hello from St. Louis. IL

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDoodles

Reaction score
My name is Brenda and I'm a mom of 3, my oldest is currently deployed in the Middle East and my youngest is old enough to help with candles and soap now and she's very excited. I'm an artist and chandler, last time making soap was 15 yrs ago, I grew up with soapers. I currently run two shops on Etsy.

I have Graves Disease and 2 yrs ago nearly lost my life to Thyroid storm. Lifestyle changes were necessary and I left the stress. Focusing on art, and recently decided to start doing candles and soap again now that time allows. Commercial products are so hard on my skin, it seems to have become highly sensitive and tired of getting out the shower being itchy and red splotches everywhere and know handmade soap isn't like that.

I came to the forums to see what's changed in the processes and to learn more about soy wax, up until I had to stop a couple years ago to recover I'd been using paraffin and want to use soy now. It can get a lonely with the kids gone during the day, the beagle and kitties certainly never share their input on soap and candles when asked, so finding a community like this is a blessing.

Latest posts

Back