eed recommendation/air purifier!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
They've started removing part of the wood flooring....and I had no idea it would create such dust! You'd think they were cutting drywall!! (They're using hammer and chisel on wood floor)

Glad the young one has left to visit grandparents!

I need an inexpensive (as possible) but good, quiet, air cleaner to handle this dust...and all the dust yet to come.
Know any??

I want the filter for a large bedroom. We'll be living upstairs for the next couple of months. Should be able to protect 2 of the other bedrooms.

The affected part of the house is technically three rooms, but because the flooring continues through hallway and living room, that flooring is supposed to go to; just not at the same time.

I have a $30 thing from Walmart, it works to keep my bedroom cat poop smell free but filters are $15 and should be replaced every 6 months. I doubt it will be strong enough for your needs. It is Holmes brand, if that helps, seems to be a good/reliable brand. I tend to scent my soaps a bit on the heavy side and the air purifier in the bedroom is enough to clear out the lingering FO in about a day when it used to take a week.

I’d suggest going to Medarnds/Lowe’s/Home Depot and seeing what they have over a standard dept store. With your water issues it might be a good idea to get advice on one that can capture lingering mold spores to cover your just in case options.

If it's just for your bedroom, you have a chance :). I personally use this one: https://amzn.to/2ur1Z6J .
It might work for what you're doing, I got it because I was having some oddball issues with a coating appearing on stuff in one room that I suspected was mildew. It did clear that up and seems to help with dust too. Edit: Noise level, it's about as loud as a small fan on medium on the highest setting and I don't even hear it on the 1 and 2 settings!

I have a $30 thing from Walmart, it works to keep my bedroom cat poop smell free but filters are $15 and should be replaced every 6 months. I doubt it will be strong enough for your needs. It is Holmes brand, if that helps, seems to be a good/reliable brand. I tend to scent my soaps a bit on the heavy side and the air purifier in the bedroom is enough to clear out the lingering FO in about a day when it used to take a week.

I’d suggest going to Medarnds/Lowe’s/Home Depot and seeing what they have over a standard dept store. With your water issues it might be a good idea to get advice on one that can capture lingering mold spores to cover your just in case options at syracuseenergysystems.com.
Does anyone have suggestions on an air purifier? I’ve read quite a few reviews and it seems there are a variety of good ones (BlueAir 411, Dyson Hot/Cool, Honeywell) and some over-hyped poor quality (Molekule) but was wondering if anyone could provide input. I live in an 800 sq foot apartment and my budget is $150-250, although I’ve contemplated splurging for the Dyson. I also read that changing out filters multiple times throughout the year will add maintenance costs, so wouldn’t be opposed to spending more initially to have a filter that needs to be replaced less. Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back