Drying period of soap noodles

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jones Rundora

Reaction score
Hi family
I have been making soaps for close to a year now .Most of the tasks are done manually.
I am in the process of acquiring an extruder/ plodder which I have never used. As I am readying myself for the arrival of the machine I would want to know how long it takes to dry the noodles before you mould them in the plodder so that a hard bar is produced from the machine.

I will greatly appreciate your guidance and insights. Please provide me with any other necessary information not necessarily confined to the drying of noodles.
Thanks

Hi family
I have been making soaps for close to a year now .Most of the tasks are done manually.
I am in the process of acquiring an extruder/ plodder which I have never used. As I am readying myself for the arrival of the machine I would want to know how long it takes to dry the noodles before you mould them in the plodder so that a hard bar is produced from the machine.

I will greatly appreciate your guidance and insights. Please provide me with any other necessary information not necessarily confined to the drying of noodles.
Thanks
I dream in soap has a bunch of videos on using extruders and making soap dough. She may have something that will guide you. I've used some of my extruded pieces right away and others I've wrapped up and put away for later.
You should experiment and see if you like one way better than the other. Just have fun!

You mentioned a plodder @Jones Rundora. Are you producing a milled/manufactured soap? I believe most of us on this forum create artisan, soaps, which are either cold process, hot process, or other soaps that are poured into a mold. Once the soap is firm, it is removed from the mold and cured. The curing process allows the soap to dry, and fully harden while the soap molecules migrate to the optimum arrangement for a quality bar of soap.

Is this a start up business for commercial production? If so, I’m not sure this is the best forum for you, but many of us here may enjoying following your journey as you launch your business.

We may have good input on the first stages of soap manufacture, which would be creating the basic soap used for noodles. We have a wide variety of experience with different soap ingredients and recommendations that we could share.

Latest posts

Back