CPOP Shampoo bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyclement05

Reaction score
Hello soapies!

I have a few questions about CPOP and Shampoo bars! (which, btw, I LOVE! My hair has never been softer, cleaner or healthier!)

1. Has anyone every CPOPed Shampoo bars? If so, is the process the same: preheat oven to 170F, put soap in oven and turn oven off, let soap sit in oven overnight?

2. If I'm making smaller batches, say for example, 2 1lb batches, would I still leave the two [small] loaves in overnight?

3. Do I need to cover the soap while in the oven? I am making these with 1/3 of water for lye solution replaced with goat's milk (added at trace); might covering them cause overheating?

I normally would just make them using CP but as I'm down to half of my last bar, I need something that will produce a quicker cure. I suppose I could make them using HP, but I'd rather try CPOP.

As always, advice, input, assistance and all feedback is very very welcome!

Thanks and happy soaping!

CPOP does not speed up the cure of soap, it just enforces gel.

Also, if you're talking about CP shampoo bars and not syndet shampoo bars, then CPOP would be the same as doing CPOP for regular recipes.

Covering & adding heat to soap that already could overheat due to sugars from the milk seems like it would most likely overheat.

CPOP does not speed up the cure of soap, it just enforces gel.

Also, if you're talking about CP shampoo bars and not syndet shampoo bars, then CPOP would be the same as doing CPOP for regular recipes.

Covering & adding heat to soap that already could overheat due to sugars from the milk seems like it would most likely overheat.

Thanks for the info, especially about curing times not being reduced. Guess I'll be trying my first HP soap tomorrow!!

Yes, this would be a CP shampoo bar, only now it will have to be a HP shampoo batch - maybe. I can't imagine going back to regular shampoo!

You are confirming my suspicions on not covering the batch if I decide to put it in the oven, especially since they are smaller batches and have GM in them.

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back