Brambleberry favorite fragrance oils for CP soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven’t had BRV discolor, but I’ve only used it once, to be fair.

I have only used Oatmeal Milk & Honey in lotion bars. BB fragrance calc has the usage super low for CP soap, so I’ve just never tried it.

There are two main companies here that I buy my BRV from - and silly me ordered the wrong one last time and I got the DISCOLOURING one! Eck! made a double batch of soap with it and it all discoloured. Now I am very cautious to order from the other company ( which I think comes from nature's garden).

I haven’t had BRV discolor, but I’ve only used it once, to be fair.

I have only used Oatmeal Milk & Honey in lotion bars. BB fragrance calc has the usage super low for CP soap, so I’ve just never tried it.

I used milk and honey. I know it’s confusing, lol! Milk and honey must have a higher usage rate and is also 4% vanillin so that makes me more suspicious it’s the one turning my bar dark dark brown.

Oh goodness @NewlyCreative , sorry about that! My brain did not read your post correctly - milk and honey…. no oatmeal 🤦🏻‍♀️
Whelp, that puts me out of the game with any experience to offer but I see what you do with the BB site noting the discoloration from the FO. Happy soaping 😊

IMG_20230708_080748962.jpg
IMG_20230708_080744400.jpg
oatmeal milk and honey gave me a dark brown

Energy was one that had a strange first whiff of *something unpleasant* until it faded, eventually. Really would love to hear your experience.

As @AliOop predicted ~1 week later energy has mellowed out to a much more pleasant scent without the chemical offness it has (for me) straight out of the bottle and right after using it in soap (even more chemically).

I used it as ~5% oil weight - so much higher than the guidelines. But it might be strong enough to use at <3% to stay within usage rates.

Granted this was using a small whisk in a 3.4 Oz mold cavity, but it didn’t appear to accelerate trace or any other strange behavior.

Latest posts

Back