Best soap recipe?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DomTheDillyHoo

Reaction score
I believe I may have stumbled across a perfect combination of oils to create a bar. My goal was to make sure it doesnt over-cleanse, and it well moisturizes and conditions. Perfect for dry skin. However, from cheap sources it ends up costing $2.22 per bar. Which isnt too bad, but if you are trying to sell these bars my guess is it wouldnt work too well haha. Anyways heres the recipe.

301 g Tallow, Mutton

301 g Shea Fruit Butter

180 g Coconut Oil, 76 deg

120 g Olive Oil - All Grades

36 g Castor Seed Oil

257 grams Coconut Milk​

126.46 g 100% Purity NaOH​

41 grams Natural Fragrance​

1 tablespoon Kaolin Clay​

2 teaspoon Sea Salt​

Here are the properties:

1697640823087.png

Looks like a very nice recipe. :) The coconut milk will help with adding more bubbles than you see in the calc report, but if you end up wanting even more, it's easy to dissolve 1-2 T sugar in the coconut milk to help with that.

Also, this recipe is likely to trace pretty fast, so go very easy on the stickblender. ;)

If it's price that concerns you - figure out which fats are the cheapest in your area, and formulate your recipe from those. For me, RBO is half the price of the cheapest oil in my recipe (OO), so when I discovered that, I split the amount of OO in my recipe with RBO to help bring the cost down.
My guess is that shea will be more expensive for you than tallow. Had you thought about changing those ratios? Say, 400 g tallow and 200g Shea? And can I double check that you are using sheep fat and not cow's? Not sure if that changes the recipe qualities ( I think sheep are fattier?)

Latest posts

Back