Abundance Sale at Mountain Rose Herbs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tons of good stuff on sale. I purchased:
Lime powder at $8 a lb
Tonka beans 50% off. $48 for one lb
Am going to crush beans then infuse in oil. Then use for lotion bars.
Lime powder for soaps and scrubs.

MountainRoseHerbs
Updating mountainroseherbs sale. Am very pleased with my purchases. The lime powder has a strong scent and is extremely finely powdered. Am going to add to hand wash and cp soap.
The lb of tonka beans is an outstanding purchase. Both of these items are still on sale. @QuasiQuadrant i understand you do infusions. Am going to infuse my tonka beans in the highest grain alcohol I can find.
Edited to add the recipe for infusing tonka beans and making a perfume: Sultry Essential Oil Perfume Recipe With Tonka Beans

Last edited:
Updating mountainroseherbs sale. Am very pleased with my purchases. The lime powder has a strong scent and is extremely finely powdered. Am going to add to hand wash and cp soap.
The lb of tonka beans is an outstanding purchase. Both of these items are still on sale. @QuasiQuadrant i understand you do infusions. Am going to infuse my tonka beans in the highest grain alcohol I can find.
Edited to add the recipe for infusing tonka beans and making a perfume: Sultry Essential Oil Perfume Recipe With Tonka Beans
Thank you for this…….what about using perfumers alcohol to infuse the tonka beans? I have some and thought it would work well.

Yes, oil, alcohol, water, whatever I can infuse, I will, dependent on the raw material :) I will be doing locally foraged gum weed again this year, in honey. Really incredible for coughs during flu season. My dandelions, yellow dock, horsetail & St John's worth got heat infused into olive oil this afternoon. All will be used in various salves I make, sell & give to anyone in my area needing help.

So you'd be making a tonka bean tincture, basically. That could be used for several products with a little creativity :) I'd suggest trying to test out other infusions with your tonka beans as well: oil, raw honey, a simple syrup, real maple syrup, whatever you can. If it was me, I would smash them roughly in a mortar & pestle (size of small chocolate chips, don't powder them in a coffee grinder), then add to whatever liquid I was infusing. Try a cold infusion & a heat infusion, let sit for several months afterward, then compare which gives better results for your uses. I have never worked with them, but am now considering it. I bought several kg of vanilla beans of various types earlier this year & have been making various extracts with them, for food, body care products, soaps etc. The smell & flavour are amazing ❤️

Today I strained a wild blackberry & madagacar vanilla bean infusion I did it in raw apple cider vinegar last September, added a tiny bit of natural sweetener after straining & bottled it. Absolutely outstanding flavour & color! 😁 ❤️ I ended up with about a half gallon, so am giving some as gifts to friends tomorrow. Will be foraging wild blackberries again this year & making several gallons of this stuff as it's very much saleable. Gourmet infused vinegars go for big bucks here, including to chefs in higher end restaurants at local resorts. I also have several friends with local shops who would be interested in selling the various infusions I make :)

Good luck with your tonka beans. Would love to hear about your results. They sound incredible :)

Yes, oil, alcohol, water, whatever I can infuse, I will, dependent on the raw material :) I will be doing locally foraged gum weed again this year, in honey. Really incredible for coughs during flu season. My dandelions, yellow dock, horsetail & St John's worth got heat infused into olive oil this afternoon. All will be used in various salves I make, sell & give to anyone in my area needing help.

So you'd be making a tonka bean tincture, basically. That could be used for several products with a little creativity :) I'd suggest trying to test out other infusions with your tonka beans as well: oil, raw honey, a simple syrup, real maple syrup, whatever you can. If it was me, I would smash them roughly in a mortar & pestle (size of small chocolate chips, don't powder them in a coffee grinder), then add to whatever liquid I was infusing. Try a cold infusion & a heat infusion, let sit for several months afterward, then compare which gives better results for your uses. I have never worked with them, but am now considering it. I bought several kg of vanilla beans of various types earlier this year & have been making various extracts with them, for food, body care products, soaps etc. The smell & flavour are amazing ❤️

Today I strained a wild blackberry & madagacar vanilla bean infusion I did it in raw apple cider vinegar last September, added a tiny bit of natural sweetener after straining & bottled it. Absolutely outstanding flavour & color! 😁 ❤️ I ended up with about a half gallon, so am giving some as gifts to friends tomorrow. Will be foraging wild blackberries again this year & making several gallons of this stuff as it's very much saleable. Gourmet infused vinegars go for big bucks here, including to chefs in higher end restaurants at local resorts. I also have several friends with local shops who would be interested in selling the various infusions I make :)

Good luck with your tonka beans. Would love to hear about your results. They sound incredible :)
Your infusion recommendations are wonderful. Am going to get to work and make infusions! Thank you for the inspiration. Much appreciated.

Your infusion recommendations are wonderful. Am going to get to work and make infusions! Thank you for the inspiration. Much appreciated.

That's awesome! Have fun with it, play play PLAY & enjoy every minute of it. I don't think anything excites me & gives me joy more than working with plants ❤️ Except maybe the resulting products I formulate with their assistance :)

The gifts of blackberry vinegar I gave away yesterday went over so well - a bottle to each of my friends / wholesale customers - that people were sending their own customers to me as I was sitting & having my lunch outside at a café between visiting my customers with samples 😂 I received an order for my blackberry vinegar right then & there with sandwich still in my mouth & my lunch date sitting there in consternation because of all the interruptions LOL I was not planning on selling this product, but hey, why not? I then received 2 orders from these wholesale customers as well, GALLONS of the product, which I don't have this year as I only made a small amount. So my granddaughter & I will be picking boatloads of wild blackberries this year & infusing 7-10 gallons of vinegar for sale next year. She's now my paid apprentice 😂 and the best one I could possibly have as she loves & connects with plants just as I do. Much pass that knowledge & experience on! I already found my packaging yesterday afternoon as well, so WOOT WOOT! 😁 Gotta love when things fall into place 😊

Good luck with your tonka beans! I am super-jonesing for some now! Gotta try playing with them :)

Latest posts

Back