Stick blender for Christmas!!! :) but there's a catch....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:crazy: LOL! My mom's visiting and grabbed the box with the brand new Cuisinart stick blender I got at a bargain. She was going to make pancakes! :confused:

I launched across the room before she opened it, exclaiming that was my new backup stick blender for soap, and dug out the mixer for her (the one I don't use for body butter).

It's amazing how many non-saponifiers think WE are the crazy ones, because we cherish our shiny new, two speed, SBs. :Kitten Love: Silly normies.

Happy (food) blending.

I bought a new SB for soap at a half price sale. I don’t need it yet but my 20 year old Braun has a plastic shaft that’s starting to crack and I didn’t want to be caught without one as I don’t have one in the kitchen.

DH saw me unpack it and wanted one for the kitchen. So now I’ve got two! It’s fantastic - two speed with a blender attachment but I can see I’ll have to relearn SBing as this machine is fast!

I have one in the kitchen, but it is really just another backup. I have two for soap, and then a friend gave me two more old ones she wasn't using. So I think I am covered.

Hello, I'm DeeAnna and I have three SB'ers. One for food. One for soap. And one for lotion. :shifty:

Mine for food broke and I haven't replaced it but I did buy a new one for lotion and use the attachment from the broken one for soap (so I have two) [emoji51]

Newbie here.. What kind of sb is best for lotions n creams?? I'm planning to try those coming year

Pretty much any SB will be fine for lotions. I have inexpensive Cuisinart and Hamilton Beach SB'ers that I use for both lotion and soap. I like the Cuisnart a little more for soap (large volume of liquid), however, and the HB better for lotion (small batch sizes of 200-500 grams).

I prefer a SB'er with stainless steel bell, so I don't have to worry about the plastic melting if I do a hot process soap. There are some SB'ers with non-stainless metal bells, like the Bamix SB'er I use strictly for food, and they are an utter no-no for use with soap. I suppose the Bamix would be okay for lotion, but I'd still rather have stainless steel.

I also prefer a SB'er with a removable mixing end for easier clean up. With a removable end, I don't have to worry about the motor getting wet and I can put the mixing end in the dishwasher if I want.

I will have to admit......this is my first "food" stickblender. I mostly plan on using the whisk attachment though (me and gravy don't get along even with the superfine specialty flour in the blue canister).

One of my soap crockpots has now been relegated to the kitchen for ......gasp........food LOL. No, I never used it for soap -bought 3 from kohls on sale. Realized how much nicer new one looks than olddddd one and old one is now for soap ! :twisted:

I will have to admit......this is my first "food" stickblender. I mostly plan on using the whisk attachment though (me and gravy don't get along even with the superfine specialty flour in the blue canister).

One of my soap crockpots has now been relegated to the kitchen for ......gasp........food LOL. No, I never used it for soap -bought 3 from kohls on sale. Realized how much nicer new one looks than olddddd one and old one is now for soap ! :twisted:
My favourite gravy-thickening technique is making a roux of flour and butter then slowly adding ladles of my strained turkey broth and mixing with a spatula or spoon. Silky smooth every time!

I didn't know some stick blenders came with a whisk attachment, that does sound quite handy!

Wait....what? They make stickblenders for FOOD???

I have a food stick blender and a soap stick blender. The food one is used mostly for soups, like my chicken bacon cheddar potato soup, where I puree part of the potato to thicken the soup. I also used it back when DH had oral surgery and needed a liquid/very soft diet for a few days. Did you know you can liquefy chicken alfredo? Apparently the flavor doesn't suffer much but the texture of drinking alfredo is a bit weird (this according to DH).

I probably use my SB'ers more for soap and lotion than I do for food, but it sure is nice to whizz a soup into smoothly pureed submission right in the pot on the stove. Very handy!

If I use my SB to purée pumpkin to put in soap is that using it for food or soap?
It’s a fine line.

I’ve managed without a food SB for 2 years (since I commadeered it for soap) but now that I have a new one for food I am loving it for whipping cream, fruit purée etc.

And in winter it will be used for pumpkin soup.

Back