Pif

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purerok

Reaction score
Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right forum, but have a question about the PIF.

I would like to find out what you guys write on it and what is not necessary.

This is what is on mine:

Date
Product Name
Batch no.
Ingredients, INCI names
Supplier
Batch no. of ingredients
A column to say no testing on animals and no claims

In a separate file I keep my formulations and methods, or do they need to be on the PIF?

Am I missing anything?

Thank you so much for reading and hopefully someone can help.

Katrina

PIF = product information?

Marie Gale wrote a fantastic book on labeling soap and other cosmetics that I am never far from. I’d take a look!

Where are you located? The answers may be different if you are in the EU versus in the US, or even within specific states. I understand, Florida is stricter than other states in the US, so I would not be surprised if you are in a particular area with which some of us have no experience, our answers may not be 100% accurate in your situation.

ETA: I see you are in France (from another post on another thread). So answers from folks familiar with EU requirements would be the ones you need to near from. I don't think the Marie Gale book addresses EU requirements. She addresses US regulations mostly as I recall. We are not members of the EU.

ETA: I see you are in France (from another post on another thread). So answers from folks familiar with EU requirements would be the ones you need to near from. I don't think the Marie Gale book addresses EU requirements. She addresses US regulations mostly as I recall. We are not members of the EU.

I fell into the fallacy of assuming a US-centric poster, sorry. *sheepish

Thank you guys for your reply, but yes I am in France, so would need to hear from someone in the EU.

Katrina, there is also a sticky post in the Labels and Packaging Forum that addresses the EU Regulations. You may find that useful next time you have a question regarding labeling. I know there are so many sub-forums here, that sometimes I can't find the one I want when I want it, then later stumble across it when I am not looking for it. So maybe you could bookmark it or make it a favorite to make it easier to find later.

Latest posts

Back