Shaving Soap Compliment

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenDragon

Reaction score
Received a great compliment from a co-worker yesterday. I had made a batch of shaving soap last month and shared some out with my work buddies.

(5% Cocoa Butter, 10% Coco, 5% Shea Butter, 50% SA, 30% Beef Tallow, 25% / 75% NaOH/KOH)

Well, when I walked into work yesterday, one of my buddies said "Steve, your soap is life changing!" I said "Really, what's the punch line to this joke?"

He said no joke, that it was the first shaving cream/soap etc. he had ever used that didn't give him a rash or make his face break out, and can he stock up?

That's the kind of feedback I like to hear! 8)

:bath1: Awesome!

I just use my standard shower soap...maybe I should whip up some shaving soap instead. (Although I will say that my face finally cleared once I used my own soap instead of commercial).

That recipe is the one I like the best of all that I have made so far. Very slick, lathers very easily, will last forever and a day.

Make more, it will be quite popular I suspect!

Peter

:bath1: Awesome!

I just use my standard shower soap...maybe I should whip up some shaving soap instead. (Although I will say that my face finally cleared once I used my own soap instead of commercial).

Do try some shaving soap. It's an entirely different experience to use a soap actually formulated for shaving vs. for washing. Much smoother shave, not as much irritation from the razor, and for me at any rate, things stay smooth a day or so longer. I'm guessing I'm getting a closer shave than I did with regular soap.

Congrats, Steve! This calls for the Happy Soapers Dance! happy-feet-penguin.gif

Latest posts

Back