Home made donuts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arthur Dent

Reaction score
Tonight we made a batch of donuts from Deb's aunt's recipe. Of course we cooked them in a cast iron pot! It made 55 donuts, and they are wonderful!
When Deb went to fill the pot with oil she remembered that she had forgotten to buy cooking oil today. I just happened to have a jug of olive oil (pure, not EVOO). Not my first choice for deep frying, but it worked just fine.

DSCN0380.JPG

DSCN0383.JPG

You have no idea how badly I'm drooling right now! I swear I can smell them. It might be sense memory from my childhood. My aunt Mary used to own a diner in Maine, where everything, down to the bread and the donuts were made from scratch. And when she would come to visit, in addition to knitting me skating socks, mittens and a hat, she and my mother would go into the kitchen, laughing and speaking French, and later reappear with a big tray of donuts. It was like heavenly magic. Thanks for the memories. Now, if I send you my address, can you overnite express me a box of those beauties? :D

Back