Brambleberry Recommendations

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cellador

Reaction score
I had a birthday this week and got a gift certificate for BB :) Any recommendations for cp soap, lotions, and/or scrub supplies? I have a variety of oils, so I'm covered there. Looking for recommendations that might be specific to BB- favorite FOs, tools, molds, colors, extracts, additives, etc.

Thanks!

What do you want to make? If it's something you have never made before like lotion, you might be better off with a kit - that way you don't forget anything.

What do you want to make? If it's something you have never made before like lotion, you might be better off with a kit - that way you don't forget anything.

I've made a little bit of everything already, so I have the basics for the products above- oils, a couple butters, some emulsifiers, a couple of preservatives, etc. I guess I'm just looking to see if anyone has any favorites.

I love these FOs from BB:

Cedar & Saffron
Soapy Clean (smells just like Tone soap)
Passionfruit Rose
Kentish Rain
Orange EO 10X
Yuzu

....and these colorants:

Electric Bubblegum pigment
Fired Up Fuschia pigment
Fizzy Lemonade pigment
Ultraviolet Blue pigment

....and I also love their 2-part silicone column mold (I use it for my shave soap/croap)

IrishLass :)

I'd probably spend the most on their products that I can't get elsewhere. I like their Yuzu and Kumquat FOs. There are quite a few threads floating around with BB FO suggestions, not to mention the big FO spreadsheet that should help you find some nice ones.

Their prices are pretty high for things you can buy on any soap supply website (oils, colourants, tools, etc.) so I'd personally focus on unique, well-reviewed FOs.

Oh - I also really like their tall & skinny silicone molds. I have 2. They do bow without support though.

I have mainly purchased FOs because I can get most everything else more conveniently elsewhere. I love Champagne, Ginger Ale, Kumquat. They also have some nice EOs.

Last edited:
I have two of their 10" silicone molds and I dig them. They're just the right size for me when I don't need to make a giant batch of soap.

As far as their fragrance oils my favorites so far are:

Tobacco & Bay (my mother's most loved. She makes squinty eyes at me if I deign to hand a bar of 'her' tobacco and bay to someone else)
White Tea & Ginger
McIntosh (Macintosh?) Apple
Champagne

I'd say get a kit of something and don't follow the recipe. If there's a mold you've had your eye on pick it out with the kit and get "free" something else. Many of their newer kits allow you to remove items (so you don't end up with more NaOH or oils you don't need) but you still get the discount.

I also like to keep an eye on the monthly deals and clearance items. From the last email I got it looks like they're clearing out old milky way molds.

Favorite FOs would be Vetyver, Grapefruit Bellini, Lychee Red Tea, Tobacco and Bay, Crisp Apple Rose the rare rose I like, Lavender Bouquet, and not for soap because it is so naughty, but Sea Moss is really nice. I might have some to add later, but those come to mind first. Kumquat and Champagne blend nicely and are both easy to work with.

I had a birthday this week and got a gift certificate for BB :) Any recommendations for cp soap, lotions, and/or scrub supplies? I have a variety of oils, so I'm covered there. Looking for recommendations that might be specific to BB- favorite FOs, tools, molds, colors, extracts, additives, etc.

Thanks!
Crisp Anjou pear doesn't accelerate trace, and doesn't discolor CP soap. And it's a nice crisp fragrance

I think it's hard to recommend FOs, because everyone's taste is different, but here are some of my standards that I always buy from BB. Lavender, OMH, Energy and Cedar and Saffron. Energy is not a personal favorite, but all of them have been good sellers for me. FOs are about all I buy from them. They're not cheap, but they're good quality. For molds, I'd buy from Nurture, Ebay, or Aliexpress. Much cheaper.

Energy is not a personal favorite,
I agree about Energy not being a personal favorite.

Any of the Cybilla line FOs are good. Currently selling a lot of Cybilla White Ginger & Amber. Just ordered Frank & Myrrh. Haven't tried it.
Goat Milk Powder -- the best! Better than Meyenburg.
Do NOT buy palm oil (or any other oils) in the bag. UGH. It's a real bugger to melt down before using. Too big for the microwave; clumsy in a pot of water; takes forever in the sink.

palm oil in bags

I agree about Energy not being a personal favorite.

Any of the Cybilla line FOs are good. Currently selling a lot of Cybilla White Ginger & Amber. Just ordered Frank & Myrrh. Haven't tried it.
Goat Milk Powder -- the best! Better than Meyenburg.
Do NOT buy palm oil (or any other oils) in the bag. UGH. It's a real bugger to melt down before using. Too big for the microwave; clumsy in a pot of water; takes forever in the sink.

I must have a larger microwave than you, but my bag fits right into the microwave, and makes melting and pouring the palm oil so easy! I love their bags!

I must have a larger microwave than you, but my bag fits right into the microwave, and makes melting and pouring the palm oil so easy! I love their bags!
Lucky you! Mine is over the stove top so I 'spect it's not as large as yours. I can just imagine how easy it would be if only it t'were so in my house. boo hoo. :cry:

Back