Best aloe to add to aftershave splash-type solution

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BayBoy

Reaction score
Hey all!

I'm working on an aftershave that is about 50% grain alcohol. It's also 25% witch hazel, the rest is watering essential oils.

I'd like to introduce aloe as a soothing property. But I'm not sure what kind I should use. I do have an aloe gel that is 99% aloe. But I'm not sure if it will blend into the solution evenly. Any of your thoughts will be appreciated!

Hey all!

I'm working on an aftershave that is about 50% grain alcohol. It's also 25% witch hazel, the rest is watering essential oils.

I'd like to introduce aloe as a soothing property. But I'm not sure what kind I should use. I do have an aloe gel that is 99% aloe. But I'm not sure if it will blend into the solution evenly. Any of your thoughts will be appreciated!

Aloe itself acts like a water ingredient.

The other 1% will be the bit that makes a difference to your solution. Some of it will be preservative, and possibly some thickener, depending on what you have.

Maybe post the ingredient list of the aloe additive you are thinking about using?

Last edited:
Hey thanks! It's Lily of the Dessert 99% aloe Vera. Added ingredients include vitamins A and C, sorbic acid and glycol.

I'm apprehensive about adding a commercial product even in a small quantity because then I feel I would need to list all these other ingredients to make my product label legal (and not wordy).

Though I wonder how honest other similar products are in labeling theirs. A product that lists aloe as a single ingredient for example. Are they leaving out what their suppliers add? Or is there a pure aloe source?

There's so much weird mixed info about this subject. Etsy is full of products that list grain alcohol as their top ingredient. I sell my products. I'm not exactly a moonshiner....

Latest posts

Back