ISO Sandalwood FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaSuds

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm in search of a good Sandalwood FO for soap. I mainly buy from BB and WSP but I'm willing to go elsewhere for a good scent :)
Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Based on not_ally's Sandalwood tests/trials in the link Dibbles posted above, I bought Gemlite's Sandalwood and Oregon Trail's Mysore Sandalwood and have been using a 50/50 blend/combo of them. It smells really good.

IrishLass :)

I have a small little vial of real sandalwood essential oil (which I use very rarely), and I got a sample of FNWL's Sandalwood FO - it is very close to the real thing, IMO. But, I haven't compared their FO to other companies' versions of the same.

Bought a 1 oz. tester size Indian Sandalwood fragrance oil from NGC . Smells softer, sort of powdery scent, not as woody as other sandalwoods. Definitely reminds me of the base of many incense sticks I've come across. Haven't tried it out yet, but I'm eager to try it out and seems like it would be a good blender too. Hope that helps

I've used the Indian Sandalwood from NG. I don't know what the original smells like but it sticks in CP and my customers that purchase it seem to like it.

Back