Wet Soap Wednesday

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of 'wet soap Wednesday' postings on social media. I love wet soap pictures, and maybe SMF should have a Wet Soap Wednesday thread too!

DSC01781_0463_edited-1.jpg

dibbles, honestly. You make the most beautiful soaps and your color combinations are so inspiring. Gorgeous! CaraBou, your soap reminds me of a lovely, exquisite silk. Thanks for posting these!

dibbles, honestly. You make the most beautiful soaps and your color combinations are so inspiring. Gorgeous! CaraBou, your soap reminds me of a lovely, exquisite silk. Thanks for posting these!

Thank you. I hope others will post some pictures next Wednesday. If not, I will let this thread fade away.

Thank you. I hope others will post some pictures next Wednesday. If not, I will let this thread fade away.

I'd suggest if you do this, to add a separate post each Wednesday and not add to this one, making it one long huge post.

I'd suggest if you do this, to add a separate post each Wednesday and not add to this one, making it one long huge post.

Sure, Relle. But is there a reason for separate posts? Like the 'browsing' or 'what soapy thing/mistake' threads are big, but they are all together. I kind of like that.

Sure, Relle. But is there a reason for separate posts? Like the 'browsing' or 'what soapy thing/mistake' threads are big, but they are all together. I kind of like that.

It's definitely easier for browsing, the what soapy thread is 620 pages long and I certainly don't go back that far when I'm looking for something. It's easier for newbies to find and people don't have the time or inclination to scroll back over multiple pages.

It's definitely easier for browsing, some threads are up to 620 pages and I certainly don't go back that far when I'm looking for something.

I understand that. I would agree with you if it was an information thread, but these are just photos of members soaps. If it doesn't cause a problem to leave it as one thread, I'd prefer that, at least for a trial period to see if there is even any interest. I think of this as more along the lines of the browsing thread, where I just look at what is new when it shows up on the Newest Threads list. If I were looking for specific information from one of the super long threads, like the shaving soap or shampoo bar, I would do a search for that. It would be hard to search for something specific with multiple Wet Soap Wednesday threads as it would be to search one long thread.

I'm excited that I found this post! Now I have an excuse to make soap on Wednesday ! I made a batch this morning but it no longer has that beautiful wet soap look but hopefully I'll remember to take & post pics of my next batch.

I'm excited that I found this post! Now I have an excuse to make soap on Wednesday ! I made a batch this morning but it no longer has that beautiful wet soap look but hopefully I'll remember to take & post pics of my next batch.

It doesn't have to be soap made that day. Just take a picture of your wet soap whenever you make it and wait to post on Wednesday. Relle asked that a new thread be started each Wednesday, so I will do that (or someone else can). If it ends up that enough people want to contribute and it continues, I think she will then merge the posts into one thread.

Latest posts

Back