Need a Samsung tablet charger

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 3 year old 10 inch Samsung Galaxy tablet - wish I could give you a model number but the battery is dead and I've lost the charger and Samsung names every device "Galaxy" be it phone, tablet, or other.

Does anyone happened to have an extra charger they'd sell me? I can't find an OEM - only fake ones that are downright dangerous to use.

Do you have another charging cable that you can connect to your computer's USB port for a charge? If not, they are really quite inexpensive at many electronics stores, and even available at some supermarkets, etc. for a reasonable price. Some electronics stores sell after-market chargers with specificity to certain brands.

You should be able to use any Android type of phone cord with the right end. First question is, which of these pictures looks like your lost charger. If it's "A," you can still use the phone charger, you just plug it into the right side of the charging slot:
590884147dc593e9976f0721eccdc830.jpg

Another trick I've used before, especially when forgetting a charger while traveling, is to ask at any hotel front desk. They always have a box of random chargers that people have forgotten in their rooms.

You should be able to use any Android type of phone cord with the right end. First question is, which of these pictures looks like your lost charger. If it's "A," you can still use the phone charger, you just plug it into the right side of the charging slot:
590884147dc593e9976f0721eccdc830.jpg

Really? I thought they all had different electrical amps or voltage or....whatever....so that a Samsung person had to buy a Samsung product or risk frying their device.

I know that you can find off brand chargers from other places....I have some. The thing is they either don't work, or the cord get really hot and becomes dangerous. That's why I want an OEM cord.

My tablet is "old" by device standards, but it works fine and don't want to have to run out and replace for the sake of a cord.

Really? I thought they all had different electrical amps or voltage or....whatever....so that a Samsung person had to buy a Samsung product or risk frying their device.

My tablet is "old" by device standards, but it works fine and don't want to have to run out and replace for the sake of a cord.

Nope. They'd probably like us to believe that, but it's not true. I have a gazillion Android phone chargers and we have a couple of different android phones and tablets, including a Samsung Galaxy. For my tablet I use charger A in the picture. However, for testing purposes, I have had it plugged in with charger B for the past hour. Nothing feels hot, nothing is behaving strangely, it charged up to 100% in a reasonable amount of time. My computer wizard husband has had me switching chargers out for each other forever.

As for cords getting hot, I don't know what to say-- I don't ever have that problem. Ok. That's not entirely true: I have never had the cord get hot. I have had the actual Samsung brick get hot when plugged into the Samsung cord and into my Samsung tablet. But never to the point that I thought it was going to do damage.

I have had to replace cords that overheated. Toss those; they are not safe. Every electrical cord can become damaged over time with use and abuse. My granddaughter is really rough on her charger cords; some people are. What she does is bend them at the junction point and cause splitting. I've had to replace cords within a few months of purchase when she uses them while we travel. So I just buy her a new one about once a year so she won't wreck mine.

I have all Android compatible charging cords, and I use them interchangeably. I have several that live in particular spots at home permanently, two in the car, one at work, and one in my purse. I buy a new cord when they get hot.

Nosey me! I just wondered how you did charging up your tablet. Did you try a phone cord? Did you find your lost one?

LOL! It's only temporarily solved...using a USB cord that charges incredibly s l o w l y .

I will be working on a better solution after I get done being distracted by the fact I'm freaking out over a difficult college class I'm starting Friday. It was only an hour ago that I was able to get my hands on the lab book for it as it had been backordered for week!

I have a lot less hair now than I did last week...been tearing it out by the fistfuls.

Latest posts

Back