Trivia about Aroma Haven / Rustic Escentuals

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeAnna

Reaction score
I've been wondering why Rustic Escentuals is not just Rustic Escentuals -- it's usually Aroma Haven / Rustic Escentuals or AHRE.

Did it change its name awhile back? If so, does anyone know what year?

Write to the company and ask?

Weird, there's no mention that I can find at all on their website of Aroma Haven, but a google search for the name pulls the Rustic Escentuals fragrance oil page up. My guess would be that Aroma Haven was a separate (possibly the original) operation at some point, and that when the owner decided to expand beyond just FOs changed the name. That's just a guess, though.

The most I've been able to figure out (which isn't a whole lot) came by looking over at Lilli's SoapScentReviewBoard (the SRB). From the looks of things, it kinda seems like Aroma Haven used to be its own company, because underneath the reviews specifically for FOs/EOs used in Lotions, it (Aroma Haven) has its own listing without any mention given to Rustic Escentuals, and the folks that were writing reviews in that section specifically wrote that the FO they are reviewing came from Aroma Haven (no mention of RE at all).

Also, further down in the section containing the alphabetical listing of FO suppliers on the SRB, Aroma Haven is listed with its given website address as being aromahaven.com, and next its name, Lilli wrote in parenthesis "(And Rustic Escentuals)", which to me looks something she tagged on at a later date. And if you click on that Aroma Haven listing, Lilli has a stickie note inside at the top that says "All reviews for Rustic Escentuals go here", which leads me to believe they were 2 different /separate companies that became merged at some point.

Also, any folks wanting to write reviews for Chermark, Fragrance Expression Supplies (FES), Longwyk Candle and Soap n Candles get pointed to the "Aroma Haven (And Rustic Escentuals)" listing, so it looks like those got merged, too.

Further down that alphabetical listing of FO vendors, there is also a listing entiled 'Rustic Escentuals & Aroma Haven' with "see Aroma Haven" in parenthesis next to it, and a given web address of 'aromahaven.com/". If you click on the listing, Lilli has a stickie inside with a link in it that brings you to the aforementioned Aroma Haven (And Rustic Escentuals)" listing.

If you try to go to aromahaven.com, it automatically sends you to rusticecentuals.com.

That's all I've been able to figure out, so far.

IrishLass :)

Wow, IL -- THANK YOU! I didn't think to check the SSRB -- good move. I appreciate your taking the time and trouble to share what you've found.

From what you say and from the automatic redirect from the Aroma Haven URL to the Rustic Escentuals URL, it looks to me that Aroma Haven name has now been allowed to fade in preference to Rustic Escentuals.

The most I've been able to figure out (which isn't a whole lot) came by looking over at Lilli's SoapScentReviewBoard (the SRB). From the looks of things, it kinda seems like Aroma Haven used to be its own company, because underneath the reviews specifically for FOs/EOs used in Lotions, it (Aroma Haven) has its own listing without any mention given to Rustic Escentuals, and the folks that were writing reviews in that section specifically wrote that the FO they are reviewing came from Aroma Haven (no mention of RE at all).

Also, further down in the section containing the alphabetical listing of FO suppliers on the SRB, Aroma Haven is listed with its given website address as being aromahaven.com, and next its name, Lilli wrote in parenthesis "(And Rustic Escentuals)", which to me looks something she tagged on at a later date. And if you click on that Aroma Haven listing, Lilli has a stickie note inside at the top that says "All reviews for Rustic Escentuals go here", which leads me to believe they were 2 different /separate companies that became merged at some point.

Also, any folks wanting to write reviews for Chermark, Fragrance Expression Supplies (FES), Longwyk Candle and Soap n Candles get pointed to the "Aroma Haven (And Rustic Escentuals)" listing, so it looks like those got merged, too.

Further down that alphabetical listing of FO vendors, there is also a listing entiled 'Rustic Escentuals & Aroma Haven' with "see Aroma Haven" in parenthesis next to it, and a given web address of 'aromahaven.com/". If you click on the listing, Lilli has a stickie inside with a link in it that brings you to the aforementioned Aroma Haven (And Rustic Escentuals)" listing.

If you try to go to aromahaven.com, it automatically sends you to rusticecentuals.com.

That's all I've been able to figure out, so far.

IrishLass :)

If I'm not mistaken, and I may well be, as it's been several years ago; Rustic Escentuals merged with Aroma Haven when Aroma Haven was going out of business. (Could be vice versa, my memory is hazy.) Additionally, over the years the combined Aroma Haven/Rustic Escentuals have acquired the fragrance codes for several other defunct suppliers including Chermark, Fragrant Expressions Supply, Kentucky Candle Supply, Longwyck, Soap n Candles, and Tradewinds.

I happened upon this information while trying to find out whatever happened to Tradewinds; who made my favorite pikake FO. It was a PITA to soap, but it was a spot on dupe of the fresh flower and stuck like glue in CP. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that AH/RE chose to carry that one. :(

Since I became the admin for the SMF FO Reviews, I've debated about how to handle companies that have gone out of business or merged with other companies. If there aren't any reviews for FOs from defunct companies, it doesn't make sense to bother with them.

But there are some gray areas. AH/RE is one of those. Based on what Irish Lass and the rest of y'all have shared here, I've decided to stop using the doubled name, but I've added a cross reference in the supplier list for the Aroma Haven name to refer people to Rustic Escentuals.

Another one is Peak. They went out of business just this summer. I'll keep their FO reviews and Supplier info intact. As Irish Lass pointed out, even though a person can't buy FOs from Peak anymore, they might have Peak FOs still in their soaping cabinet or get Peak FOs from another B&B maker.

Another one is Peak. They went out of business just this summer. I'll keep their FO reviews and Supplier info intact. As Irish Lass pointed out, even though a person can't buy FOs from Peak anymore, they might have Peak FOs still in their soaping cabinet or get Peak FOs from another B&B maker.

Supposedly Peak is coming back in a couple weeks just to sell fragrances. That's the latest in the drama from them on FB anyway. I haven't heard anything more on that.

Hmmm. Thanks for the heads up -- I guess we'll eventually find out one way or the other, hey? I hope people will mention it here if they do reopen -- I don't follow Peak on Facebook.

Hmmm. Thanks for the heads up -- I guess we'll eventually find out one way or the other, hey? I hope people will mention it here if they do reopen -- I don't follow Peak on Facebook.

Well, supposedly they are going to open back here in Colorado, selling only fragrances to start so if they do, I will let you know. I'm a little gunshy with them, but, we'll just see how it goes...

Latest posts

Back