silicone molds from wish?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Anyone ever buy molds from wish? I just placed a order for some, they remind me of the cheapy ones on ebay. I'm tired of using paper liners so I figured I'd upgrade to silicone.

I bought two of these in 900grm
https://www.wish.com/c/57cfd9ad7c4b2942aaea8ad1

and I got this for free, just had to pay $3 shipping. Not very big cavities but will work well for testing or gifts.
https://www.wish.com/c/583d1951c623e02097239da0

for those of you who aren't familiar with wish, I'm sorry. This place sucks money like you wouldn't believe. So easy to get carried away with buying.

I wasn't familiar with Wish until now.... Thanks for enabling Obsidian! Wow, what a great price for those molds. If I read it right, it's $11 USD (1200gms) for both the wood mold AND the silicone liner? Please let us know how they work for you when you get them. I'm always worried the silicone liners won't fit exactly and I'll end up with goofy shaped bars. Plus, it has a lid! Crazy good deal.

You are so very welcome:twisted: I also ordered a bunch of korean make up and skin care and pearl oysters and make up brushes and, well you get the idea...

It actually comes to $14 for one mold with box and lid regardless of size and you have to pay shipping for each item, they don't combine it but it's still a great deal.

It will take a couple weeks to get here, its coming directly from china. I will try them out as soon as they get here and report back.

Anyone ever buy molds from wish? I just placed a order for some, they remind me of the cheapy ones on ebay. I'm tired of using paper liners so I figured I'd upgrade to silicone.

I bought two of these in 900grm
https://www.wish.com/c/57cfd9ad7c4b2942aaea8ad1

and I got this for free, just had to pay $3 shipping. Not very big cavities but will work well for testing or gifts.
https://www.wish.com/c/583d1951c623e02097239da0

for those of you who aren't familiar with wish, I'm sorry. This place sucks money like you wouldn't believe. So easy to get carried away with buying.

I have that second pink individual cavity mold. It works fine, although the batter will make the cavities bow a bit because the silicone is rather thin. But it's no big deal really. You can plane them straight if it matters to you.

I'll have to try and make some cardboard or maybe even wooden supports for the cavity mold, shouldn't be too hard. Do the soaps come out with nice sharp corners? I've never used rectangle cavity molds before.

Those purple molds with wooden boxes are all over AliExpress as well! I've been tempted by them, let me know what you think.

And those pink cavity molds are the first ones I ever bought! I bought this 3pk on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M5H407V/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

They're fab for salt bars: http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=62099

I'll have to try and make some cardboard or maybe even wooden supports for the cavity mold, shouldn't be too hard. Do the soaps come out with nice sharp corners? I've never used rectangle cavity molds before.

Yup the corners are sharp and the bars come out shiny and smooth. I notice the tiniest bit of bowing but it doesn't bother me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are lovely salt bars, thanks for the pictures. I didn't see any bowing on them, had you planned them at all? If I like the mold, I might get a couple more for salt bars since those are my favorite to make.

I've bought the same thing (without the wooden box) from ali express.

They are thin silicone. They make good corners but you will need the wooden box. The pink individual cavities bow with batter. I found it really annoying. But you sure can't beat the price especially if you can work out a way to support the individual molds.

Those are lovely salt bars, thanks for the pictures. I didn't see any bowing on them, had you planned them at all? If I like the mold, I might get a couple more for salt bars since those are my favorite to make.

Nope, no planing. The bowing is barely noticeable - only if you inspect them quite thoroughly!

I've never ordered from wish, but I have ordered from a variety of sellers on Ebay, Etsy and Aliexpress. I have to say that I haven't had a problem with any of them. The quality of the silicone itself seems pretty consistent from one to another, and they all release easily. Considering what I paid for my first silicone mold and wooden box over ten years ago, I find the molds today to be a great bargain, and if you can build your own box for support, an even better deal. I think you're going to love them. :)

I have ordered a ton of silicone molds, loaf molds and silly shaped molds as well as fondant mats. They are all great! You just have to be patient for them to arrive. I've found half come within the time frame given and the other half come a week or two after.

I have both those molds :)
I rarely use the cavity mold, mostly for extra batter. Like others, I found the sides bowed.
The loaf mold I got on ebay. If I remember correctly, it was less than 10 bucks, and I use it for either new recipes, or if I get an order for guest size soaps. This silicone also bows just a bit in the center, but it was easy enough to plane.

I got my loaf molds a couple days ago. The boxes are nice and straight but I was expecting them to be a bit bigger. The measurements provided are for the outside of the box. The finished bars will be 2.12 x 2.75 x whatever thickness I decide to cut. The length is 9.50" and I'll probably cut them at 1". I thought about splitting the log to make taller bars, maybe I'll chop it in half and cut both ways to see what I like better.

They hold a 23 oz batch but its a tiny bit too full to use the lid. If the batter would have been fluid, maybe I could have used the lid but my FO accelerated and there are high spots on top.

I'll report back tomorrow with a unmolding review and pics. So far I quite like them, just wish they were a tiny bit bigger for for a few $$, I really shouldn't complain.

Obsidian, please share some pictures of your soap made in your new molds when you have a chance. And if you feel the size is satisfactory in comparison to your usual soap size.

I've been tempted to buy that mold on Amazon, but never have yet. I think it would make 4 nice sized block-sized bars of soap, more along the shape of a Marsaille or Aleppo soap kind of shape.

Pics first then a review.

1znvt4h.jpg

14jx1m0.jpg

2j0m91t.jpg

2exy0km.jpg

The mold released really easy and its thinner so the soap came out nice and smooth. I did use SL in this one but I'm sure even without, it would unmold nice. Once I broke the seal, I just turned it upside down and the loaf slide out.

I'm a bit on the fence about the size. Its absolutely fine for practical use and I was able to get 9, 1" bars plus a thinner end for testing. I think I just like the looks of the tall skinny bars I normally make.

I actually think this is a good size for guest/gifts and its good for those of us with smaller hands or for kids. If I wanted a bigger bar, I could always make a bit more batter and make a mounded top.

I'm running it through the dishwasher to see how it holds up. Normally I wash molds by hand but once in awhile, I toss them in the washer.

All in all, its good little mold for the price and I'm glad I finally got them.

How pretty soap is that <3 I just bought that same mold! I'm lazy so I just put my silicone molds in the washer :D So I'm interested to hear, did it hold up in a washer ok?

Latest posts

Back