Neem Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just made the neem soap using rosemary, teatree, lavender, eucalyptus and grapefruit (I'm greedy like that) and it smells heavenly but it may have caused a slight crack at the top while waiting for it to harden. I also added some charcoal powder in it, just because I have some. Lather's quite well too :)

Neem Soap bars.jpg

Neem Soap 1.jpg

Neem oil don't smell offensive to me either. I'm curious now cos I have heard that it's not very pleasant. Is my oil actually real neem?

I figured it was a case of different scent receptors, it's the same reason some people love jasmine and others think it smells like cat piss. I find neem smells nutty, almost like sencha seeds. Another factor could be freshness. You and I just might be randomly lucky enough to get the super mega fresh stuff.

Your soap turned out beautiful. :thumbup:

I figured it was a case of different scent receptors, it's the same reason some people love jasmine and others think it smells like cat piss. I find neem smells nutty, almost like sencha seeds. Another factor could be freshness. You and I just might be randomly lucky enough to get the super mega fresh stuff.

Your soap turned out beautiful. :thumbup:

Thanks, I can't wait to use them, only 5 more weeks to go :neutral: ! And I think you're right about smell receptors, jasmine gives me a headache!! LOL, and drinking jasmine tea actually makes me dizzy.

Awesome!
I'm still debating whether making soap or lotion with my neem oil:think:

Neem is so stinky for me like a ton of garlic, that sits on counter, Can not take the stink. I have a bit of Neem oil will go to garbage ........Nice soap and not grey lather witch is an achievement ;)

I love neem but I find it very hard to tolerate the smell! Like funky garlicky chicken ramen. Very weird scent.

I had a cut on my hand that was becoming infected and I'm allergic to Polysporin so I slathered it with Neem and covered it with a bandaid. The next day it looked and felt much better and healed very quickly. That stuff has wonderful antibacterial/fungal qualities.

Latest posts

Back