Fruit Preserves in Soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amosthetroubled

Reaction score
Alright...I've got a weird one for you.

I have a lot of blackberry preserves. what do you all think would happen if I took no more than 10% of the total weight of the batch, added that much to some water and blended it SUPER well, did a water discount so I don't have too much water in the batch, and then added this blackberry preserves water into the soap at light trace? Or, would adding the preserves in without the water at light trace and stick blending until well incorporated work?

Or, should I just stop and rethink my life decisions?

If this is a terrible idea, then I'm asking for a friend....

It doesn't seem any stranger to me than adding fruit purees and sugar to soap. Share photos :)

I would treat it as a liquid and sugar addition, and I think it might be nice :) I'd be tempted to add it to the water before the lye just because it's mostly sugar, but what do I know? Try it both ways and report back!

Or, should I just stop and rethink my life decisions?
Yeah, that. LOL ... It's not a terrible idea. Use the preserves' juice as all or part of your water weight to make the lye solution. Eat the berries. You will have brown soap, but high in antioxidant I should think.

Back