Aloe Vera juice percentage in soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ely

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I plan to use Aloe Vera juice in my soap, but I would like to know does it bring special benefits to soap or not also for skin? I understand soap is a wash-off product and we use lye so it is a harsh condition with high pH for amino acids in aloe vera juice.
I found other thread which is similar to my question but I didn't get the answer. On modernsoapmaking blog Kenna mentioned it increases both bubbly and creamy lather.
If Aloe Vera juice brings some lather and it is label appeal to soap So I can use in lower percentage in my soap, but I really want to know your ideas about that.
Also has anyone had a comparison test using different ratios of aloe vera juice in their soap and noticed much difference?
What percentage of aloe vera do you recommend in soap formula?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

I replace 100% of my water with aloe juice. Never tried it at a lower percentage, didn't really see any reason too. The juice is cheap and doesn't react badly when mixed with lye.

I don't notice any skin benefits but it increases the lather which I like and it seems to make the bar itself slicker.

I also use aloe juice as my full liquid. My customers tell me it helps relieve itchy skin. I use it myself and I have also noticed it helps with my dry itchy skin especially in winter. I can't say whether or not it helps lather as the soap I use it in lathers as well as my non-aloe soaps.

I masterbatch some of my 50/50 lye solutions using aloe juice for the liquid. If I want to make an aloe soap I clean a leaf, put it in my bullet to puree and use it with coconut milk for the remainder. If my leaf is a biggie I replace all the extra liquid with the fresh aloe. Customers get intrigued with seeing the actual aloe.

I also use aloe juice as my full liquid. My customers tell me it helps relieve itchy skin. I use it myself and I have also noticed it helps with my dry itchy skin especially in winter. I can't say whether or not it helps lather as the soap I use it in lathers as well as my non-aloe soaps.

Dear Candybee, Thanks a lot. What a bout your soap formula, have you tried the same formula without aloe vera juice and get the different result? is there a chance your formula works well for dry skin by itself without aloe vera? would you please let me know?

Dear Candybee, Thanks a lot. What a bout your soap formula, have you tried the same formula without aloe vera juice and get the different result? is there a chance your formula works well for dry skin by itself without aloe vera? would you please let me know?
Not Candybee, but I do make a lot of aloe soap, mostly for label appeal. I do notice the difference in lather, but really nothing else. Soap is a wash off product

The reason why I know is because I use the same recipe for some other soaps I make. One of them is the one with the aloe as the full liquid. The others I use distilled water.

I replace 100% of my water with aloe juice. Never tried it at a lower percentage, didn't really see any reason too. The juice is cheap and doesn't react badly when mixed with lye.

I don't notice any skin benefits but it increases the lather which I like and it seems to make the bar itself slicker.
Which Aloe Vera juice is best? Here are the ingredients of one Aloe Vera juice with sugar, etc, is this ok?

Attachments

• 843B2876-19C6-4C9F-BEE9-5E85677E6D0B.jpeg
    843B2876-19C6-4C9F-BEE9-5E85677E6D0B.jpeg
    243.6 KB · Views: 0
I use, and also most often see recommended, this one. It is usually available at Walmart.
View attachment 71758
Thank you!!

Back