Brambleberry scents for bath bombs?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powderpink

Reaction score
My boyfriend loves Lush bathbombs...and I really wanted to surprise him with a few when he's coming home again in a few weeks
(right now he lives pretty isolated in this tiny garden cottage in nowheresville as he's finishing his graduation project).

Howeverrrrrrr Lush is expensive, even more with shipping added. And for that money I could probably make him a small mountain of luxury bath bombs.

Getting good quality scents in the Netherlands is kind of hard in my opinion, but luckily we do have a shop that sells brambleberry scents...
so I was wondering if anyone could suggest some of their scents that go really well in bath bombs.

I'm looking for scents that can be uplifting (e.g. spring/summer themed), calming (lavender, herbs, ?) ,
and scents that just smell "luxurious" (I'm curious about that cashmere/cocoa butter scent)
or "Lush-ish" in a way.

Any suggestions are appreciated :)

Though I've used Energy in bath products wayyy too much so I doubt he'll like that;)
And I think manly scents are usually a bit too strong for something like a bath bomb (e.g. "Spiced Mahogany" and "Shave and Haircut").

Thanks! I was debating on getting that one... so I'll definitely add that one to the list :)

I am just about to start making my first batch of bath bombs so keep that in mind, more experienced bombers are probably a better resource, but from making soap I would say the following are good choices:

Bonsai is a great scent, it is strong though, I'd go easy with it.

Salty Mariner would be nice too.

Tobacco Bay Leaf is great mixed with some sandalwood vanilla.

I don't make or use bath bombs, so a grain of salt should be used here. But I really like both Lavender Cedar and Tobacco and Bay Leaf. Lavender Forest is very nice as well. Not too many people mention Vetyver, but it is another I am especially fond of, also good with sandalwood. And I love grapefruit scents. Grapefruit Bellini is good, as well as Pink Grapefruit (I usually blend the two since the Pink Grapefruit seems to fade in soap, but would probably hold up well in a bath bomb).

I made some bath bombs with cocobutter and cashmere and I love them. Not at home right now, but if I remember right itright the scent is strongly cocobutter with the cashmere as a bit of balance. It reminds me of a soap/lotion/something (simply soft soap? The one with the "SSS" on the label) that my mom used to get from Mary Kay or Avon (not that description will help in the Netherlands).

To directly answer the question, I would consider cocobutter and cashmere a "luxury" type scent but I have never used Lush and can't tell you how it compares

I made some bath bombs with cocobutter and cashmere and I love them. Not at home right now, but if I remember right itright the scent is strongly cocobutter with the cashmere as a bit of balance. It reminds me of a soap/lotion/something (simply soft soap? The one with the "SSS" on the label) that my mom used to get from Mary Kay or Avon (not that description will help in the Netherlands).

To directly answer the question, I would consider cocobutter and cashmere a "luxury" type scent but I have never used Lush and can't tell you how it compares

I love that scent. I used it for soap and boy did that scent stick. Unfortunately, I had to dump the soap as it was a REALLY bad batch, so bad I couldn't even dump it on my uncle. But yeah, Cocoa Butter and Cashmere is great for a sweet scent.

I am just about to start making my first batch of bath bombs so keep that in mind, more experienced bombers are probably a better resource, but from making soap I would say the following are good choices:

Bonsai is a great scent, it is strong though, I'd go easy with it.

Salty Mariner would be nice too.

Tobacco Bay Leaf is great mixed with some sandalwood vanilla.

I can't get Tobacco Bay Leaf, but I might try the Sandalwood Vanilla one.
I do have a sample of Salty Mariner and Bonsai but he didn't seem a fan of them:( I might have to combine them with something...

I don't make or use bath bombs, so a grain of salt should be used here. But I really like both Lavender Cedar and Tobacco and Bay Leaf. Lavender Forest is very nice as well. Not too many people mention Vetyver, but it is another I am especially fond of, also good with sandalwood. And I love grapefruit scents. Grapefruit Bellini is good, as well as Pink Grapefruit (I usually blend the two since the Pink Grapefruit seems to fade in soap, but would probably hold up well in a bath bomb).

I love Vetyver! I made some soap with it some time ago, and so far it's been my favourite soaping scent from brambleberry. I can't get Pink Grapefruit over here, but I do have Peach Bellini. I really like adding a bit of lavender essential oil to it at times for a relaxing, but still uplifting bath oil.
I guess it'd work in a bath bomb too...

And two positive answers regarding cocoa butter and cashmere means I will have to get myself some too!

I'm so glad I can buy 10ml sample sizes, I want to try so many!

Back