"making" my own crisco with palm

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTAnton

Reaction score
No..I'm not going into competition with Crisco....
I've got a new fav recipe that includes Crisco with palm. I've got one last container of Crisco with palm . I've got a large amount of shortening composed of soy and cottonseed oils. And then there's probably ten pounds of palm oil at the bottom of the bucket I bought 2 years ago.So I'm wondering about combining the 2 to make this recipe at some point in the future. I understand that there's no cottonseed oil in Crisco with palm but if I pay attention to the SAP values do you think I could come up with a close enough approximation? Or any other possibilities come to your collective minds?

I've got a new fav recipe that includes Crisco with palm.

Did you ever get an answer to your question? I have a never used Crisco, but I did have a question about it. Is the "Crisco, new w/palm" listed in SoapCalc the same as Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening?

Thanks!

I would just use up the shortening with the soy, cottonseed at a rate of 15% and use whatever percentage of the palm you want to use. Both sap values are in soap calc. Not much point in mixing them just list seperately

All veggie shortening is not the same as Crisco with palm. If memory serves me correctly it is mixed with soybean, cottonseed and possibly corn oil. For vegetable shortening you can use the Crisco, Old sap value

Latest posts

Back