Quick ?...what grade avocado oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catastrophe

Reaction score
I need to order some avocado oil quickly, and I'm not sure which to order. Planning to order from Soaper's Choice, I think, and not sure whether to get refined or the refined cosmetic grade.

I purchased avocado at Walmart before, brand is Tropical Plantation. Unfortunately, they don't seem to carry it anymore.

Which avocado should I order? I want it to perform exactly as the stuff from Walmart did in my CP soap. TIA for any help, I need it next week so I have to order soon LOL.

If it makes you feel better, I picked up some Tropical Plantation AO from Walmart (Michigan) a few weeks ago! So hopefully your Walmart is just temporarily out of stock.

I'd honestly just go with whatever is cheaper, assuming they're both 100% pure AO.

Did you check the Walmart website? They usually have free site to store orders and should be there is a few days.

I don't use avocado and can't advise on grade/brand

My store hasn't had any since Christmas, and I can't find it on the Walmart website to do the ship to store thing. (That's how I got my first lard)

And, I'm ready to start buying it in a little more bulk, so SC is quite a bit cheaper, too.

I will order the normal AO, thank you, folks! I wasn't sure exactly what cosmetic grade meant, and I definitely do not want it mixed with something else. I DID leave a message with SC, they haven't called back yet (it's only been a few hours, NOT complaining lol), but I want to get it ordered so it will be here in time.

With the price of Avocado going up like it is my next order will be the cosmetic grade from SC. I usually purchase from Cibaria but they have gone up to $147 per 35 lbs. Since I use a lot of Avocado oil Costco Avocado does me no good. I recently finished up a couple gallons of Cosmetic grade Avocado which was given to me and I could not tell any difference in my lotions or soaps made with the cosmetic grade.

Latest posts

Back