Soap and the orthopedist

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
My mom broke her finger and had her arm in a cast (to immobilize the finger). Her cast was taken off yesterday and she took a bar of my soap with her to wash her arm with because "all they have is that liquid cr@p and I wanted to wash my arm with REAL SOAP."

The staff liked the look of it and now she's going to take a gift basket to them.

Wow! Hope this get your mom a VIP treatment. ;) I'm sending a wish for her to get well soon. And it's nice that you get the atmosphere in hospital warm and cozy.

She's doing much better. She managed to hit her finger with a hammer.

PSA: If you feel like your finger is broken and Urgent Care says it's not broken...go see your regular doctor anyway. Cuz Urgent Care is awful.

No worries, though...she found that if she wrapped her cast in vet wrap, it would keep out the saw dust so she could wood turn! If Steve is reading this thread, he knows what I mean! Fortunately she broke a finger on the same hand she cut when wood turning and got a few stitches, so she had 1 good hand.

Glad mom got the awful cast off, it is so very hard to be forced to stop working on what you love to do. The office staff is sure to love the basket. LOL, but now she will always have to take a nice basket or bag of soap to the staff after spoiling them. :)

I remember my hard headed dad, Bless his soul, who left me many years ago, cut of a finger tip using his table saw. He would not let me take him to the emergency, I was around 16 at the time, or call emerency. He proceeded to lock himself into the bathroom, sew back on the tip and the next day I found him in the garage cutting wood again. Never went to the doc and the tip re-attached

Your mom rocks, Dixiedragon! She sounds like a gal I'd enjoy knowing. What kind of things does she turn on her lathe?

Vet wrap is wonderful stuff to protect owies if your job depends on working with your hands, like mine does. I once had a ganglion cyst that needed surgical repair. The incision was at the base of my ring finger right where a ring would sit. If I wasn't really careful, grasping a tool handle was really painful. Vet wrap came to the rescue to protect that tender area while it healed. If I sprain or injure a finger joint, vet wrap works well to immobilize and protect the sore joint. I also wrap it around the handles of some of my tools to build up the diameter of the handle. The tools are easier to hold. And I put some on my mom's walker handles for a non-slip grip. Love the stuff.

I keep vet wrap around all the time. For much more than owies. It is just the most useful stuff.

I took a basket of soap to my doctor's office at Christmas (All doctor's offices get overwhelmed with sweets and food at the holidays, so I knew not to take those.), and now they want to order some.

And if you happen to have a Farm & Fleet nearby, you can purchase VetWrap in the livestock supply area of the store at a far cheaper price than at Flexible Bandages at Walgreens and other pharmacies, even WalMart.

I was very pleased to learn this, as the product is exactly the same.

Glad mom got the awful cast off, it is so very hard to be forced to stop working on what you love to do. The office staff is sure to love the basket. LOL, but now she will always have to take a nice basket or bag of soap to the staff after spoiling them. :)

I remember my hard headed dad, Bless his soul, who left me many years ago, cut of a finger tip using his table saw. He would not let me take him to the emergency, I was around 16 at the time, or call emerency. He proceeded to lock himself into the bathroom, sew back on the tip and the next day I found him in the garage cutting wood again. Never went to the doc and the tip re-attached

mom/castoff - lovely! She can wean them off of the soap gently with mini bars and... business cards.

dad/buzzzzzzz-yeeeiiiiikes!
wow. no other words, just wow.

i mean - wow.

Wow! Is he a cowboy or something?!man of steel!!! ;) :shock:

Back