What made you pick your avatar/ username?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I’m new to soap and. And candle making. I’m a garden and fish keeper. I enjoy being around plants animals and especially my fish. I’m learning to be self sustaining and looking to find like minded people who could teach me the basics. I’m more of a hands on kind guy so classes would be great. Don’t mind the fee I just wanna learn. No matter how many times I’ve watched it on YouTube my stuff comes out let’s just say aint it no candle or soap lol don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I hope be learning to be self reliant hoping to buy a piece of land and build me a tiny home or tree house. Build a little farm and my dream pond with fishes and ducks.maybe get 10 dogs lol . i Enjoy the outdoors and my favorite thing to do is travel and eat lol I’ll be nice to meet like minded people here I like picking their brains and learning new stuff. Teach me . The reason for the username name is I’m also a man of faith x to me is a transition out of being a regular man into a man of god. I’m not perfect but I know that God has a plan for me. Being more with nature and appreciating the blessing the earth has given to us and the God who loves us very much. i enjoy hands on activities such as hydroponics aquaponics horticulture and building cars. I enjoy writing, playing music, piano guitar drums and it may sound funny but I really enjoy canning fruits and veggies and drying meats and fruits. Lol

559 is where I live.

Last edited:
Welcome.gif

Welcome! So many interests! 🛁🐟🐠🐡🐕 For experienced advice you have come to the right place - lots of great information and people on this forum.

My name is Liz (or Lizzie), and I like crescent moons and stars and such a lot, and since celestial ends with an L and my name starts with an L so it sounded pretty and cute together.
My avatar is because I really like Japanese stuff and horror, along with cutesy stuff- it's an edited picture from one of my favorite horror manga, Tomie, but I edited little hearts into her eyes.

I changed my avatar picture because I love rising sun scenes and have been taking many photos from my balcony. The numbers show my age this year.
And Ladka is my name. I was christened Vladimira but I've been always Ladka: in my generation longish names were always shortened for everyday use ;)

This topic was suggested to me by one of our members (Jaaret) and thought it would be a nice addition to the introduction forum.

What made you choose the particular user name or avatar that you did?

tell us what your user name and avatar mean to you!

Example:

My user name is IanT

My name is Ian and last name begins with "T" (easy enough ... right!?)

and my avatar is the Lion of Judah which has a special significance to me and I believe symbolizes strength and dedication.

YOUR turn!
Hi, I’m Lou! My avatar is a photo of my mom when she was in her early 20’s. We look a lot alike although I’m definitely not in my 20’s any longer. I’m currently 42. I’ve been using this photo as my instagram profile pic as well and just love seeing it and thinking about my happy, smiling, young mom.

My username is fjura which means flower in Maltese. I just like the word and I LOVE flowers!

What’s your favorite flower for looks and for scent? Iris is probably my favorite to look at. There’s so many beautiful variations! I’m not sure what my favorite is in terms of scent. I just can’t decide!

Great question!

I agree about iris -- so many pretty varieties and easy to grow.

My favorite fragrance comes from the white ginger lily that I could buy at the flower market in Hong Kong when we lived there. A single bouquet would fill our flat with a heavenly scent for a week. I believe they can grow in the southeastern US but not here in Colorado. 🙁

This topic was suggested to me by one of our members (Jaaret) and thought it would be a nice addition to the introduction forum.

Example:

My user name is IanT

and my avatar is the Lion of Judah which has a special significance to me and I believe symbolizes strength and dedication.

YOUR turn!
Hello,
My username is Kay from Jua
I have a small body care business called Jua Studios, and my first name is Kayannah (Pronounce K-Anna)

my avatar is a sun because jua means the sun in Swahili (which I don't speak, I just like the way is sounds)

Hello All! I'm new to the forum, I've been making soap for about 2 years (mainly for the family). I chose this avatar because I love owls, and my daughter drew this one for me. I put her on the computer I use for my vinyl plotter, and now she's on the back glass of my truck. I chose sawdustandsoapsuds because my first hobby/maker love is woodworking!

Example:

My user name is IanT

YOUR turn!
My online name has always been MsTigress.... and I make goat milk soap ;)

Back